1. Originally posted by drewhiggins
    And finally, who and why chose U2 as the name of the band.
    I don't know who chose it, but it means "you too", like you're involved.

Actually I read somewhere that the "you too" thing wasn't considered when choosing the name, it was just a cool name (there was this submarine called U2 I think or a plane, I can't remember). Bono was later asked about the name on a program (I have this little piece of memory that tells me it was larry king, but it could be just lying!), he said he didn't actually like the name U2 and that they didn't consider it to mean "you too".

EDIT: from wikipedia:
    The origin of the name "U2" is unclear; on a list of six names provided by the Dublin punk rock guru Steve Averill,[10] "U2" was chosen for its ambiguity and open-ended interpretations, and because it was the name that the members of the band disagreed with the least.[11]
  2. Originally posted by Ali709[..]

Actually I read somewhere that the "you too" thing wasn't considered when choosing the name, it was just a cool name (there was this submarine called U2 I think or a plane, I can't remember). Bono was later asked about the name on a program (I have this little piece of memory that tells me it was larry king, but it could be just lying!), he said he didn't actually like the name U2 and that they didn't consider it to mean "you too".

I've heard this also. Obviously, I'm also right. It's been interpreted as many different things!
  3. Originally posted by Ali709[..]

this I can aswer !

the U2 plane was the one who filmed the Russian missiles in cuba.

(oooooo, I aswered my OWN question)

But, thanks .. If I have any more questions tfrom my curiosity i'll let you guys now !!

thanks again.
  4. "Can we stop playing these old tattoos? Darling I don't have the answers."
  5. Originally posted by haytrain"Can we stop playing these old tattoos? Darling I don't have the answers."

Amazing. the Omagh Tribute performance is just wow. Relevant to this topic though?
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

Amazing. the Omagh Tribute performance is just wow. Relevant to this topic though?

Haha. It's a stretch.

Topic name: "I need answers."
    My response: "I don't have the answers."
  7. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

Haha. It's a stretch.

Topic name: "I need answers."
    My response: "I don't have the answers."

If only i'd put 2+2 together i'd have seen the relevance