1. ZooTV and Elevation has the best Until's... But all the other tours it sounded very nice
  2. Do you know what the scream at the beginning says? Is it from Bono or any U2's members or is it a sample from somewhere else?
  3. Do you mean the distorted sound at the beggining of the album version (that's been used by sampling in many live versions too)?
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Do you mean the distorted sound at the beggining of the album version (that's been used by sampling in many live versions too)?
    Exactly
  5. According to some comments, the opening bit is supposed to represent Judas' screaming/crying... And I would say that's a flipped back/digitally treated guitar line.
  6. I love the version of this they played at The Brits which was around the time of the elevation tour . It was at Earl's Court, simply superb , dedicated to Michael Hutchene , Bono goes walk about through the VIP area to get down to the fans in GA. classic u2 , classic Bono .
  7. I forget where I read this, but I'm pretty sure it's a mixture of guitar and vocals...whatever it is I never get tired of hearing it. I like how it's fairly indistinguishable
  8. Im beginning to really miss this song live. Goes to show that giving a song a break really does help
  9. I missed it when it was omitted from the vertigo tour show I attended and first 360 show I attended. Between the vertigo tour and start of 360 tour it wasn’t quite the regular it’s been since and before. I’d quite happily hear it every show though one of the best.
  10. It certainly sounded really great paired with Raised By Wolves on the last tour.

Its funny, if I had to rank my favourite Achtung Baby songs this one would probably be near the bottom of the list (though I still find it excellent), yet some of its performances are among my very favourite U2 live moments ever.
  11. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:It certainly sounded really great paired with Raised By Wolves on the last tour.

Its funny, if I had to rank my favourite Achtung Baby songs this one would probably be near the bottom of the list (though I still find it excellent), yet some of its performances are among my very favourite U2 live moments ever.
    Definitely, fantastic with Wolves. I hope both of those come back on E & I.

And I know what you mean about studio vs. live. It's more in the middle of the pack for me on the album, probably after One, Ultraviolet, Fly, MW, Acrobat, LIB...but played live it's always a highlight. That outro is just nuts every tour.

(BTW, you are wanted in the Pictures to Lyrics thread. )

12. The subject matter of the song has always been the draw for me. There is a fantastic version on the soundtrack album of the same name! It states 'previously released' but this version is different to the Achtung Baby album for certain.