1. Sergio, it's just dead. Won't come back to life,shows nothing in display at all. plain dead.

2. Have you tried to get it into DFU mode?
  3. Originally posted by MacStripey:Has aanyone ever sent in their iPod for repairing? Is it worth it or in the end more expensive than a new one? I'm talking about my iPod classic with 60gb. It's 6 years old by now,but a new same one still goes for over 300 Euro. Repair or new one?

Depends what's wrong with it. If it's hardware failure, buy a new one. If it's dead because the battery has given up, they'll probably replace the battery for something fairly reasonable, well I just checked and it's £40 in the UK...

I'd try and force something out of it before you go and spend your money. Drew posted a link above. Sergio mentioned DFU mode. There are a set amount of options to recover a dead iPod, if none work, then it needs to be updated.
  4. If it is hardware failure, they won't give you a new one if you've had it for 6 years - because it is likely that it's out of guarantee. They will probably just send the old one back and then you would have to buy a new one. If it's a battery issue on the other hand - which I think is most likely - then you can actually buy a new battery for £20 (if you search around, you might even get it cheaper) with the tool to separate the iPod so you can get in the middle. I believe it is easy to actually replace the batteries too. But if you are a bit worried about doing it yourself, you can always get Apple to do it for £40.

It might not even be battery or hardware failure, it could be anything as mentioned above.
  5. It shouldn't be a battery failure if Kirsten hadn't noticed any dicrease on batterly life and overall performance... Had you, K?
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:It shouldn't be a battery failure if Kirsten hadn't noticed any dicrease on batterly life and overall performance... Had you, K?

no I haven't. It recharged within a few hours and then lasted for two days even when I used it a lot. So all was good there. The only issue it had for a year or two was that it "hung itself up" after a while when watching videos on it. Nothing else.
    I'll take the time to try out your ideas mentioned above, guys, thanks a lot. Will let you know if I succeed in anyway
  7. Good luck with it, Kirsten
  8. Installed a new ROM on my phone, Android 2.3.5 sporting HTC Sense 3.5. I've always been a fan of Sense, but this blows me away. A lot of elements still present in HTC Sense 4.0 but a much better experience than Sense 2.x

The ROM is to all intents and purposes the Desire HD ROM. Which is an upgrade from the Desire ROM I used to run. Just hope battery life can keep up.

EDIT: A test run earlier proved to be successful. A lot quicker than the old ROM, hopefully it remains that way when I load it up with apps.
  9. Iv'e decided on an ''Iphone'' Thanks to everyone. Siesta time now, I hate technology.

10. iPhone = safe way to be satisfied
  11. we have a computer in the office that we share with several people.
    While I use Chrome, some others use IE 8. Lately I've noticed that sometimes the computer works really slowly. When I open the Task Manager then, I can see that there is ieplorer.exe working in the background, even though IE has been "officially" closed and is not shown in the working programs (the ones opened). When I close those 6-10 iexplorer processes all manually one after another, it is gone. But maybe some hours later, it often happens that they reactivate themselves again and are busy without showing up, only in the running processes, eating a giant amount of working space.

any idea?