1. Well, if that's how you like looking at it
  2. Pixels are hardly visible with ordinary resolutions as well.

Still nice that they have raised the resolution though.
  3. Certainly is. I just hate this marketing bull

4. hero

BTW... retina or not, I absolutely love my new 22" thingie. I'm using the DVI connector Chris and I spoke about yesterday (I found a spare DVI cable lying at some box) and it looks awesome. I have had to re-organize my desk and place the screen on the other side because it was too big haha
  5. It takes a lot of work to make the android pity. I've settled on Go Launcher for now. Just need a nicer wallpaper. Definitely going iPhone in the future (or wp8 depending on how it goes). I just can't be bothered tinkering any more.
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:It takes a lot of work to make the android pity. I've settled on Go Launcher for now. Just need a nicer wallpaper. Definitely going iPhone in the future (or wp8 depending on how it goes). I just can't be bothered tinkering any more.

Why don't you check out the articles in Lifehacker's Featured home screen section for some inspiration. Mixture of Android and iOS layouts with a list of tools for achieving a particular look. If you're new to the site, all the articles are listed down the right of the page.
  7. Originally posted by iTim:[..]

Why don't you check out the articles in Lifehacker's Featured home screen section for some inspiration. Mixture of Android and iOS layouts with a list of tools for achieving a particular look. If you're new to the site, all the articles are listed down the right of the page.

My point was more that I don't want to have to do all of that stuff. I know it's a big pro for most android users (and for me too not long ago) but I've literally just had to spend an hour getting it to look nice. My time with WP7 (and ios on the iPad to a lesser extent) have kinda won me round to the 'less is more' camp.

I was hoping for a little bit more from the ios6 announcement to tip me over the edge and getting an iPhone but it didn't come. A good used iPhone 4 would be a good purchase but the screen on this Defy is already bigger than the on the current iPhones and I'm wanting just a bit more. I'll hold off a few months until the 5 is announced but I doubt they are going to up the screen size. At least it will devalue the 4S.
  8. I discovered a little crack in my Xperia Arc's screen today Hope it won't start traveling all across the screen, but I guess it will.
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

My point was more that I don't want to have to do all of that stuff. I know it's a big pro for most android users (and for me too not long ago) but I've literally just had to spend an hour getting it to look nice. My time with WP7 (and ios on the iPad to a lesser extent) have kinda won me round to the 'less is more' camp.

I was hoping for a little bit more from the ios6 announcement to tip me over the edge and getting an iPhone but it didn't come. A good used iPhone 4 would be a good purchase but the screen on this Defy is already bigger than the on the current iPhones and I'm wanting just a bit more. I'll hold off a few months until the 5 is announced but I doubt they are going to up the screen size. At least it will devalue the 4S.

I get you. I'm looking to shift to the iPhone myself and like you, awaiting and hoping for an increased screen size on the iPhone 5. My brother has an iPhone 4S and having used it, I'm bowled over by it's speed and design, but 3.5" is a lot smaller than the 4.3" I currently use and have used for the past two years. I could maybe fall to a 4.0" display if Apple opted for it, but I'd have to see. I imagine that everything else that just works will make up for the loss of that 0.3".

I have to admit though, I do miss some of the extra delights of Android. Widgets in particular, such as the power control bar and the individual On/Off widgets for mobile network, flight mode etc. I haven't looked into jailbreaking the iPad yet, have you jailbroken yours yet Gerard?
  10. 4 inches is perfect. Loved it on the Nexus S. I don't know what it is with the iPhone but the 3.5" always seemed bigger than it actually is. I could probably live with it if it comes to it. Would prefer a 4S but I did own a standard 4 and had no issues with speed and I luckily don't buy into benchmarks.

I haven't yet jail broken my iPad. I'm not missing anything though as far as I can tell, certainly not for my use case. It's a browsing and Sky Go machine basically and a jailbreak isn't going to change that. Did buy a mifi from 3 to bring it to the cricket with me though. Great purchase. Always regretted not buying a 3G iPad.
  11. infinite LOL