1. Originally posted by MWSAH:Anyone into Bluetooth portable speakers here? Might have been discussed before during my 'absence', but I notice these kinds of speakers are getting more popular by the day.

Bought myself a UE Boom (Ultimate Ears) a few weeks ago. Perfect sound for such a tiny speaker (size of a beercan) and very portable and rugged. My brother bought the Bose Soundlink Mini in the same period, which is comparable in sounds but has slightly more bass.

My favourite audio-brand, Denon, announced their Denon Envaya this week, seems very good too.

Any opinions here?

We sell the UE Boom where i work, first time i tried it out i couldnt believe how good the sound was, especially given its size (and price)
  2. Originally posted by iTim:Funny you should post that, I was going to ask about Bluetooth playback earlier. I have a Bose docking station with a 30-pin connector and was looking for an adapter with a female 30-pin connector that would allow me to play music from my phone via Bluetooth. Found a few devices but the cheap adapters have mixed reviews.

You could always try the Marmitek BoomBoom 75. A tiny little device with a 3.5 mm male jack. Gives you Bluetooth pairing options for any audio-device.
  3. I saw devices similar to that in my search, but I have a first gen SoundDock with no 3.5mm input. So it has to be a 30-pin adapter unfortunately.
  4. Originally posted by iTim:I saw devices similar to that in my search, but I have a first gen SoundDock with no 3.5mm input. So it has to be a 30-pin adapter unfortunately.

Hmm, that's a bummer. Don't know if such an adapter even exists. If Google isn't giving you the answers, than I'm afraid it doesn't exist at all.
  5. There are devices, but the one I've found with the best reviews on Amazon is £23, which seems a bit steep. The cheaper devices have very mixed reviews.
  6. Anyone got an advice on a decent turntable up to a 100 (European) bucks?
  7. OK, do any of you guys use a Chromecast? I remember Gerard mentioning it once...
    I'm wondering how hard it is to play local files on a windows pc with it? I get that it's designed for certain apps and for chrome browser on the PC. But I've also seen tricks mentioned for playing local hard drive files. So how effective are those tricks?
  8. Got a hp laptop with windows 8 but it has no mail server you have to buy it separate and load it of course so my question is ( if anybody knows ) whats the best mail server to buy for my laptop and windows 8 ? Thanks to whom responds
  9. What do you mean buy mail server? What email service do you currently use, if any? Like gmail, yahoo, etc ?
  10. No the email I have is with my ip provider so I cant just log onto it with msn or whatever else
  11. OK, I'm not sure what you mean, but it seems to me that by "mail server" you mean an application for viewing and accessing your emails? Like Outlook Express on older Windows?

If that is the case, I believe Windows 8 has its own Mail app that you can use. There are also free applications you could use, Thunderbird is one of the best.

Try contacting your ip provider if you're not sure how to set up those application with your email.
  12. I have already done this and they also told me I have to buy one and install it. I also tried Thunderbird it does not work on my pc unfortunately. I also tried a few others. The app on my laptop is for hotmail and I dont have hotmail bc my email is through my ip provider so not compatible with all these apps. I just wanted to know which is the best one to buy.