1. I got it all sorted
  2. I need some help. I've one of these:

And when I press the right button (on the D-pad) it doesn't respond. Is it possible this is hardware failure or something to do with firmware? I can get around it by pressing the left button and selecting menus that way but it's just a few extra buttons that can be a little annoying.
  3. There might be a thread on this topic but i couldnt find it.

what is the best way to play FLAC audio files in itunes (and possible then on iphone)? i want to DL the August Show of the month
  4. Originally posted by drewhiggins:I need some help. I've one of these:

[image]

And when I press the right button (on the D-pad) it doesn't respond. Is it possible this is hardware failure or something to do with firmware? I can get around it by pressing the left button and selecting menus that way but it's just a few extra buttons that can be a little annoying.

sounds like hardware to me, if its still under warranty id take it back for replacement/repair.
  5. Originally posted by Andrew_C:There might be a thread on this topic but i couldnt find it.

what is the best way to play FLAC audio files in itunes (and possible then on iphone)? i want to DL the August Show of the month

Convert them to Apple Lossless

6. That's a very good solution. Or, if you want to save some space in your ipod and you're not a sound purist, you can convert them to lossy MP3 with VLC or foobar (they're free).
  7. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]

That's a very good solution. Or, if you want to save some space in your ipod and you're not a sound purist, you can convert them to lossy MP3 with VLC or foobar (they're free).

That's of course an option as well. But since Andrew was asking about FLAC files I was just guessing he wanted lossless. Also in iTunes when synching to an iDevice you can check a box to automatically convert files to a lower bitrate, but keep them lossless on the computer.
  8. Cheers guys. So iTunes will convert FLAC into Apple Lossless for me?
  9. I tried iTunes for the Apple Lossless, but I couldn't figured it out.
    Foobar can also convert FLAC to Apple Lossless in a very easy way.

10. No, iTunes won't play with FLAC at all. You'd need to convert into ALAC in another program first unfortunately.
  11. Or convert to .wav which iTunes can convert to Apple Lossless. What iTunes can also do is convert your stuff over a said bitrate to that bitrate when syncing.
  12. Alright boffins, a query of my own. An SD card of mine seems to have gotten itself into a bit of a mess. Windows won't format it (no surprise) and HP Disk Format won't format it (a big surprise). Both tell me that the card is write protected. I've tried clearing this in command prompt and it claimed it was a success, but still the error remains. Any ideas?