1. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979Someone said:

FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND
    The all black 1973 Stratocaster, used for Streets on the Vertigo tour IS the SAME one that was black and white during the Elevation tour. The pickguard and pickup caps were changed to all black to mimic his old 1979 "Blackie" from the early years. One give-away? the pickup selector switch still has the white tip instead of a stock black one. SECOND and most importantly, Edge and Dallas have said that guitar is a 1973. The ALL BLACK option didn't appear until the 1975 ender Stratocasters. Hence, chances are... if it is a 1973 -- the pickup covers and pickguard were indeed white and that tends to fall in line with the black and white 1973 Fender Strat used during the Elevation tour.

no this is incorrect. The "elevation streets guitar" is still used on songs like bullet and an cat dubh. So it is a completely different guitar on streets.

2. I am not sure it is 'incorrect' as you state. As stated, I will double check on it.

Edge has many black and white Strats. You might be thinking of another guitar?

What I am sure of is that if that all-black Strat is at least a 1975 or if it is earlier model, it's been altered.
  3. Responses to various coments posted.

1. The Elevation tour WOWY gutar was killed in the HQ flood.
    2. The black and white strat your thinking of is said to be a late 50s early 60s model.

Does anyone know waht happened to the original black 79 strat? I miss ole blackie.
  4. The origins of the Vertigo Tour Blackie used for Streets still seem unclear. He also used this one for Pride at the 2003 Special Olympics gig in Dublin. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Edge have two black and white 70's era Strats during Elevation? Obviously the already well known one with brass saddles, but also one with steel/chrome saddles? It's hard to keep track, but perhaps he had Dallas take the latter one and change the cosmetic details like the pickguard and such to all black. The brass saddle Strat on the other hand has been relatively unchanged since ZooTV or thereabouts, and is the one used for An Cat, AIWIY, Bullet, ISHFWILF, Bad, etc. on the Vertigo tour. Only my guess of course!
  5. Responses to various coments posted.

**** That one and many others were 'drowned'. But there were more than one black and white Stratocaster. And for eash guitar, there is usually a backup of similar make and model and often similar finish.

2. The black and white strat your thinking of is said to be a late 50s early 60s model.
    **** I do not remember Edge having a 50's or 60's black and white Stratocaster. (Unless it was a mid to late 60's, as it has the larger CBS buyout era headstock.

Does anyone know waht happened to the original black 79 strat? I miss ole blackie.
    **** Not certain. He may have given it to someone. It may have been one of the flood victims. He stopped using it later in the Joshua Tree tour. He began using the Danvel Nelson Strat-stye guitar and then the Clapton model Strats for the Love Town tour.
  6. What happened with the clapton strats from Lovetown and ZooTV?
  7. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01Responses to various coments posted.

8. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979I am not sure it is 'incorrect' as you state. As stated, I will double check on it.

Edge has many black and white Strats. You might be thinking of another guitar?

What I am sure of is that if that all-black Strat is at least a 1975 or if it is earlier model, it's been altered.

man well then i have no idea
  9. Just watching the DVD of the 2001-06-22 show. Edge switched guitar during Streets!!. Just before the muted strings and 'love love love' you see Dallas tuning up (I assumed it was for the next song) then when the muted string part comes up Edge just takes the guitar off and switches casually with Dallas just in time for 'love love love'. How cool is that.