1. looking forward to hearing this one live
  2. I'm both looking forward to hearing this and dreading it being over in a few days. Think Saturday will be the one and only time I hear this live and it's something I never thought would happen. I don't think 99.9% of us thought it would happen prior to the announcement of TJT tour 2017. Its a song I rate as highly as 3rd on TJT behind only WOWY and Streets. I remember when I first found this site and looking through bootlegs wondering how I couldn't find a show featuring RHMT, only to realise it had never been performed live. It's made listening in to the shows this tour even more memorable and i still find it surreal seeing it on the covers I print for my bootlegs. Just going to make sure I enjoy it while it lasts.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:I'm both looking forward to hearing this and dreading it being over in a few days. Think Saturday will be the one and only time I hear this live and it's something I never thought would happen. I don't think 99.9% of us thought it would happen prior to the announcement of TJT tour 2017. Its a song I rate as highly as 3rd on TJT behind only WOWY and Streets. I remember when I first found this site and looking through bootlegs wondering how I couldn't find a show featuring RHMT, only to realise it had never been performed live. It's made listening in to the shows this tour even more memorable and i still find it surreal seeing it on the covers I print for my bootlegs. Just going to make sure I enjoy it while it lasts.
    That's wonderful. It's one of my top 3 live songs this tour, enjoy it everytime. Great start to the second half of the JT.
  4. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    That's wonderful. It's one of my top 3 live songs this tour, enjoy it everytime. Great start to the second half of the JT.
    The fact you've seen it a good few times and still enjoy it shows they're doing a good job of it. I'm going to guess exit is one of your 3 top live songs also but what is the other one? I would hazard a guess at One Tree Hill only because I feel that will be my top 3.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    The fact you've seen it a good few times and still enjoy it shows they're doing a good job of it. I'm going to guess exit is one of your 3 top live songs also but what is the other one? I would hazard a guess at One Tree Hill only because I feel that will be my top 3.
    This tour, each show, I enjoy these 3 the most: Exit, Red Hill Mining Town & Little Things.

If Little Things is not played its Bad. Bad & Ultra Violet are among my top 5 U2 songs so a no brainer for me to enjoy them.
  6. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    This tour, each show, I enjoy these 3 the most: Exit, Red Hill Mining Town & Little Things.

If Little Things is not played its Bad. Bad & Ultra Violet are among my top 5 U2 songs so a no brainer for me to enjoy them.
    We are similar in song highlights, it seems: my top 3 have been Exit, Ultraviolet, and Bad (Bullet and Mysterious Ways with slide solo rounding out top 5).

But RHMT has definitely been cool to see and hear live. Lovely arrangement with the lower key, actually, which I was worried about initially: I actually think it allows Bono to sing the song with more passion, and not just because it would be too high for him otherwise. I think I've said before elsewhere that this new version reminds me of the way that the band did SBS on the I & E tour, almost like a more mournful and yet more quietly hopeful rendition of the song.
  7. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

I think that bunch of songs you mentioned would probably be amongst my favourite from what I've heard obviously without having attended yet. I'd be more excited about ASOH than Bad and ultraviolet only because I've heard the latter 2 songs previously in person but in terms of favourite songs they're right up there. The Little Things is great really hoping to hear it on Saturday, maybe too early to put it amongst my favourite u2 songs but at this current moment I'm really enjoying it.
  8. I really liked during first leg the verse:

The glass is cut
    The bottle run dry
    Our love runs cold
    In the caverns of the night
  9. Never really dug this song and the 2017 mix was even more underwhelming. I cant say I'm looking forward to hearing it live.
  10. I prefer the albumversion, RHMT is next to Acrobat my favorite U2 song. I like the liveversion. Bono did a good job. But still do not understand why Edge is not playing guitar and Terry Lawless piano.
  11. Originally posted by iTim:Never really dug this song and the 2017 mix was even more underwhelming. I cant say I'm looking forward to hearing it live.
    I had never enjoyed the song. Seeing it live didn't change my opinion that much. I enjoyed it, sure, but it isn't something I would die to hear again. Unlike the last three songs on The Joshua Tree. That trio I never expected to experience live
  12. Love this song