1. The Stay performance which was included on the Stuck in a Moment (Canada) and Walk On singles was good too. I think it belongs to a Toronto show on 2001-05-22 but might be wrong for some days. At least it used to be among my favorites long time ago - it might be crap to my ears after years and years of non-listening to it.

2. The "staaaaaayyy" part is as clear, fat and powerful sounding as ever though
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    The Stay performance which was included on the Stuck in a Moment (Canada) and Walk On singles was good too. I think it belongs to a Toronto show on 2001-05-22 but might be wrong for some days. At least it used to be among my favorites long time ago - it might be crap to my ears after years and years of non-listening to it.

I believe you are right about the T.O. version of "Stay." There are better versions, namely Boston 2001,
  4. Here's a question regarding the soundtrack version. Is there a reason that the cities line is notably different in the booklet? Old lyrics? Something I'm not "getting"?

The line should of course read "Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, and Berlin" as is heard in the song, but it actually reads "Tennessee, Tokyo, Boston, Zoo York, and Berlin".

Edit: I didn't realise this was in the Live forum.
  5. This song has grown to be my favourite U2 song, although I feel they have never really nailed it live.
  6. Dublin 93 being the closest. One of the rare instances of a U2 song being better in studio form that it ever has been in a live setting.

Gorgeous song.
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:Dublin 93 being the closest. One of the rare instances of a U2 song being better in studio form that it ever has been in a live setting.

Gorgeous song.
    +1

I feel the same with A sort of homecoming ...there are good version from 84/85 but never like the original version
  8. Yep, never had much love for the live version of Stay.

The studio version however, is incredible. One of U2's best songs.
  9. I mostly echo the above, but the Dublin and Sydney performances still hold a place for me.

@Pato Agreed 100% The "better on the album" tag is more applicable to A Sort of Homecoming imo. They could never quite capture the feeling of the album version. At least with Stay, the performance may not have been perfect, but they got the tone right.
  10. Originally posted by Ross1441:I mostly echo the above, but the Dublin and Sydney performances still hold a place for me.

@Pato Agreed 100% The "better on the album" tag is more applicable to A Sort of Homecoming imo. They could never quite capture the feeling of the album version. At least with Stay, the performance may not have been perfect, but they got the tone right.
    I agree. I like the Stay version of ZOO TV . Maybe they have to still play full band during the next tours ( Elevation , 360 )
  11. I would go with the full band version to hear the beat and Edge's guitar, although I think the acoustic version is nice. I agree that is a fantastic song. It's so poignant! It's one of those U2 songs like "Bad," "One," and many more that if I listen closely enough and absorb all it has to offer, I feel almost emotionally drained by the end! I think I may have just encapsulated the main thing that makes U2 special, how emotional their music is!
  12. Originally posted by Ross1441:I mostly echo the above, but the Dublin and Sydney performances still hold a place for me.

I'll have to respectfully disagree on ASOH live assessment... I've seen it live and felt it live. I wish they'd bring it back!