1. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Quick question for you folks.

Muse is playing right here in my city tomorrow at our local festival, but they're only scheduled to play for an hour and 15 minutes. Granted, they'll probably push that to be an hour and a half, but either way my question is this:

Is there ANY chance they DON'T play Knights of Cydonia?
    I don't follow muse too much but going on previous setlists it seems to always be closing so I'd imagine it will be other songs that get cut with Knights of Cydonia being kept in last position.
  2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Quick question for you folks.

Muse is playing right here in my city tomorrow at our local festival, but they're only scheduled to play for an hour and 15 minutes. Granted, they'll probably push that to be an hour and a half, but either way my question is this:

Is there ANY chance they DON'T play Knights of Cydonia?

75 minutes? That's it, eh? As already stated they'll play Knight of Cydonia - I'd be shocked if they didn't.

I hope they play a little longer next Tuesday. I'm seeing them in Toronto and already have low expectations in terms of getting some "interesting" songs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I joined the Muse bandwagon WAY too late.
  3. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

75 minutes? That's it, eh? As already stated they'll play Knight of Cydonia - I'd be shocked if they didn't.

I hope they play a little longer next Tuesday. I'm seeing them in Toronto and already have low expectations in terms of getting some "interesting" songs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I joined the Muse bandwagon WAY too late.
    Right on.

To be honest I haven't loved their output in a while, but they have enough songs in a given setlist that I'd love to hear that warrants seeing them. Not to mention I've heard they put on a ridiculously awesome show.
  4. Wow - just to update those who responded to me...

WHAT A SHOW. The sound, the set, the performance, the stage design, wow. It was like stepping into the future - or rather, watching a rock band who's actually taken steps to be what a modern rock band should be in today's mainstream music scene. What a crazy show.
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Wow - just to update those who responded to me...

WHAT A SHOW. The sound, the set, the performance, the stage design, wow. It was like stepping into the future - or rather, watching a rock band who's actually taken steps to be what a modern rock band should be in today's mainstream music scene. What a crazy show.
    ...and they payed Stockholm Syndrome.

Man, I hope they keep it in the set for tomorrow night's show!

Play "Map" too!
  6. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    ...and they payed Stockholm Syndrome.

Man, I hope they keep it in the set for tomorrow night's show!

Play "Map" too!
    Yes, they did!!! I have to say, Muse does a fantastic job making their older hits right at home in a set with newer songs. They've evolved, but managed to retain what makes them, them - if that makes sense. It felt like a greatest hits show, but not in a "legacy act" kind of way. They've really built quite the repertoire over the years. What a show. I'd love to see an actual show of theirs now (not at a festival).

Just unreal.
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Yes, they did!!! I have to say, Muse does a fantastic job making their older hits right at home in a set with newer songs. They've evolved, but managed to retain what makes them, them - if that makes sense. It felt like a greatest hits show, but not in a "legacy act" kind of way. They've really built quite the repertoire over the years. What a show. I'd love to see an actual show of theirs now (not at a festival).

Just unreal.
    Glad to hear.

They might as well play "the hits" as they aren't promoting a new album. I suppose it's "on me" if I don't enjoy myself. I just got into the band late and missed Toronto shows in the early/mid 2000's - where they played the majority of my favourite songs by the band.
  8. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    Glad to hear.

They might as well play "the hits" as they aren't promoting a new album. I suppose it's "on me" if I don't enjoy myself. I just got into the band late and missed Toronto shows in the early/mid 2000's - where they played the majority of my favourite songs by the band.
    It's true, the new songs they did play (Dig Down, Psycho, etc.) were freakin' great though. Psycho especially.

Agreed though, my brother was saying he'd love to see Muse do a Black Holes tour the same way U2 is doing a Joshua Tree tour. They played the songs I wanted to hear live off of those earlier albums anyway though.

Was also surprised to see that Madness was a HUGE crowd-pleaser. Definitely thought it would be the quiet/beer part of the set, but no, the crowd was loving it and sung the whole thing.
  9. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    It's true, the new songs they did play (Dig Down, Psycho, etc.) were freakin' great though. Psycho especially.

Agreed though, my brother was saying he'd love to see Muse do a Black Holes tour the same way U2 is doing a Joshua Tree tour. They played the songs I wanted to hear live off of those earlier albums anyway though.

Was also surprised to see that Madness was a HUGE crowd-pleaser. Definitely thought it would be the quiet/beer part of the set, but no, the crowd was loving it and sung the whole thing.
    That's just it! It seems that the Canadian crowds love the new stuff!

When I saw them last year in Toronto, they ate up songs like Madness and Uprising but we're quite dead during Citizen Erased and Apocalypse Please. I'm sure the band recognizes this - unfortunately.
  10. Well, well, well.

"Map of The Problematique" AND "Stockholm Syndrome" performed in Toronto tonight!

Maybe, just maybe, I do exist at the centre of the universe.
  11. Originally posted by RUMMY:Well, well, well.

"Map of The Problematique" AND "Stockholm Syndrome" performed in Toronto tonight!

Maybe, just maybe, I do exist at the centre of the universe.
    Great you enjoyed!
  12. Right guys here is my 10 for the by request gig coming up. Any obvious ones im missing here? I dont know the muse rarities as well as i know the u2 ones.....let me know if there are any b sides etc i should check out before submitting! Thanks!

Dark Shines
    Citizen erased
    Bliss
    New Born
    Sunburn
    Muscle museum
    Unatural Selection
    Mk ultra
    Undisclosed desires
    Stockholm syndrome