1. Originally posted by DougielI'm surprised so many missed out that part of the show when saving the show to cd or their playlist. To me it's an integral part of the show. The European leg didn't have the 'everyone' part which makes it even more effective. Straight into Vertigo - brilliant. Cardiff (yet again) is one of the better European examples.

You're right. They cut it way short because we were all buzzing and they obviously wanted to ride with it. I couldn't hear Bono for the first 3 minutes or so because we drowned him out!
  2. Originally posted by DougielI'm surprised so many missed out that part of the show when saving the show to cd or their playlist. To me it's an integral part of the show. The European leg didn't have the 'everyone' part which makes it even more effective. Straight into Vertigo - brilliant. Cardiff (yet again) is one of the better European examples.

On a similar note I recall the crowd going absolutely crazy on the zoo tv tour when the 'Zoo TV' logo was switched on. Great memories!

Totally agreed...
    Still today, I can remember been at the stadium, random music playing on the amps... and then, WAKE UP begins.... OH DEAR!!!!
    still gives me the goose bumps!!! LOL!!!
    amazing!!
    and I'm surprised too... it's like Sgt. Peppers for the Elevation Tour or ZOO TV's intro, with all the zapping and the final Mozart's 9th Chorus....
    I believe they're escential part of each tour... kind of sets the mood...
    cheers!
  3. Originally posted by djrlewisYou're right. They cut it way short because we were all buzzing and they obviously wanted to ride with it. I couldn't hear Bono for the first 3 minutes or so because we drowned him out!
    Absolutely remarkable and legendary sentence. Indeed, I remember myself singing Vertigo out of key and out of tempo until the crowd relaxed a bit and the music began to be heard!