1. Originally posted by Arieesi can't imagine a U2 - Greatest Hits Album. That would have to be a 4 CD set release. . . . At least 4 CDs!

Agree on that one...U2 can't release a single Greatest hits...they've got to many greatest hits

About the new album..Bono also said they had enough material for 2 albums before they released HTDAAB, so...what's true?
  2. i hope to god they dont release another greatest hits hits album. but looking at their track record its almost certain they will. i can hear bono saying cha-ching.
  3. I wouln'dt be surprised if they made an entrie into "The Essentials" series of albums. I have severael of them. They generaelly have between 20 and 40 song on 2 disc.

Songs need would be,

1.11 0 clock tick tock.
    2.Out of Control.
    3.I Will Follow.
    4.The Electric Co.
    5.Gloria.
    6.October.
    7.New Years Day.
    8.SBS.
    9.THBAO.
    11.ASOH.
    12.Bad.
    13.MLK.
    13.Pride.
    14.UF.
    15.Streets.
    16.ISHFWILF.
    17.WOWY.
    18.Bullet The Blue.
    19.Desire.
    20.Angel of Harlem.
    21.All I Want id You.
    22.One.
    23.The Fly.
    24.Mysterious Ways.
    25.Until The End of The World.
    26.Stay.
    27.Numb.
    28.Miss Serajevo.
    29.Mofo.
    30.Gone.
    31.Beautiful Day.
    32.Walk On.
    33.Kite.
    34.Peace on Earth.
    35.Vertigo.
    36.SYCMIOYO.
    37.All Because of You.
    38.COBL.

What do you think? I think this is the bare minimum.

4. Originally posted by walkonbono says they have enough stuff to 2 albums, so who knows

Don't hope for that...
    For HTDAAB they also had enoguh material for 2 albums remember...
  5. For all who say that including ATYCLB' songs on the 90-00 compilation was a mistake...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_That_You_Can%27t_Leave_Behind

All That You Can't Leave Behind is the tenth studio album by the Irish rock band U2, released in 2000 by Island Records in the UK and Interscope Records in the U.S.
    It indeed WAS released on 2000, although the tour was planned for 2001. Since that compilation was called "U2 - Best of 1990-2000", and NOT 1999", it was right to include Stuck In A Moment, Elevation and Beautiful Day.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASongFor all who say that including ATYCLB' songs on the 90-00 compilation was a mistake...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_That_You_Can%27t_Leave_Behind

[..]It indeed WAS released on 2000, although the tour was planned for 2001. Since that compilation was called "U2 - Best of 1990-2000", and NOT 1999", it was right to include Stuck In A Moment, Elevation and Beautiful Day.

in that case the 2000-2010 should also incloude ATUCLB songs

heres my list of songs

1/Beautiful Day
    2/Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
    3/Elevation
    4/Walk On
    5/Kite
    6/Vertigo
    7/Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
    8/City Of Blinding Lights
    9/All Because Of You
    10/Orignal Of The Species
    11/The Saints Are Coming
    12/Window In The Skies
    13/Mercy
    and some more new songs
  7. maby even A Wave Of Sorrow
  8. Rather than doing a Best of 2000-2010 they could do a 12-month issue DVD set. Release twelve pro-shot DVDs and sell them at $10 each, this would be way better than a CD - and the fans who don't or can't do bootleg trading or downloads could see some great shows. U23D is an awesome way to start...release a new DVD every three months and keep us happy.

But don't edit them!
  9. Originally posted by drewhigginsRather than doing a Best of 2000-2010 they could do a 12-month issue DVD set. Release twelve pro-shot DVDs and sell them at $10 each, this would be way better than a CD - and the fans who don't or can't do bootleg trading or downloads could see some great shows. U23D is an awesome way to start...release a new DVD every three months and keep us happy.

But don't edit them!

they'd be slated as money grabbing bastards
  10. Originally posted by drewhigginsRather than doing a Best of 2000-2010 they could do a 12-month issue DVD set. Release twelve pro-shot DVDs and sell them at $10 each, this would be way better than a CD - and the fans who don't or can't do bootleg trading or downloads could see some great shows. U23D is an awesome way to start...release a new DVD every three months and keep us happy.

But don't edit them!

They have SO MANY video of south america shows...of course the won't release U23D, but it wouldn't hurt them to release the videos...like normal proshot DVDs of those south american shows.
  11. Originally posted by Ali709[..]

They have SO MANY video of south america shows...of course the won't release U23D, but it wouldn't hurt them to release the videos...like normal proshot DVDs of those south american shows.

they should have realse one of the south american concerts as the dvd for the vertigo tour and not chicago, the band and the crowd are way much more energetic than the chicago dvd.
    U2 always sounds much more energetic in stadiums than in arenas.
  12. Originally posted by walkon[..]

they should have realse one of the south american concerts as the dvd for the vertigo tour and not chicago, the band and the crowd are way much more energetic than the chicago dvd.
    U2 always sounds much more energetic in stadiums than in arenas.

2 excellent pro-shots should be enough for most. An official release with Bono's voice like it was would have been daylight robbery.