1. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:Hey guys random question, I'm heading to coldplay this Friday night in Melbourne and was wondering if anyone has been to a coldplay show.?? How loud compared to a U2. U2 is loud.....fromy experience
    Last time I saw them (May 2012, MX stadium tours) it was fucking awfully LOUD, I can swear. One of the loudest concerts I've attended. And it was so badly EQ-ed for a good portion of the show, probably related to the fact that it was raining cats and dogs for most of it.
    But I think that was a one-off ocassion, I don't think they're so loud other times.
  2. d&b J Series line array. They don't have to be loud anymore. There has been 0 complaints on the US leg. So far so good.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Last time I saw them (May 2012, MX stadium tours) it was fucking awfully LOUD, I can swear. One of the loudest concerts I've attended. And it was so badly EQ-ed for a good portion of the show, probably related to the fact that it was raining cats and dogs for most of it.
    But I think that was a one-off ocassion, I don't think they're so loud other times.
    When I saw them on the MX tour it was incredibly loud, way too much so. I hate that.

Also, I haven't been keeping up with the discussion, but it's incredibly shitty to hear that some (or more) of their performance is "mimed"/lip synced, whatever. Fuckin' bullshit. Coldplay haven't been a real band in years.

Also, in agreement with all the "Oldplay" fans First two albums are sublime, X&Y has many highlights, Viva has some highlights, MX has fewer, and since then they've just been....what?

I try and respect everyone, but I can't respect any opinion that involves saying anything good about their latest album. It's awful. A band that was once interesting, organic, and heartfelt, has become dull, fake, and commercial. At least when U2 are at their most "commercial" their songs are still heartfelt have incredible depth.
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    When I saw them on the MX tour it was incredibly loud, way too much so. I hate that.

Also, I haven't been keeping up with the discussion, but it's incredibly shitty to hear that some (or more) of their performance is "mimed"/lip synced, whatever. Fuckin' bullshit. Coldplay haven't been a real band in years.

Also, in agreement with all the "Oldplay" fans First two albums are sublime, X&Y has many highlights, Viva has some highlights, MX has fewer, and since then they've just been....what?

I try and respect everyone, but I can't respect any opinion that involves saying anything good about their latest album. It's awful. A band that was once interesting, organic, and heartfelt, has become dull, fake, and commercial. At least when U2 are at their most "commercial" their songs are still heartfelt have incredible depth.
    Yeah I'm heading to coldplay show on Friday night , it's dissapointing when you fucking know he is sloppy, and lip syncs ......pfft 150 aus dollar a ticket . Only reason I'm going is my wife likes coldplay
  5. I'm not sure what to take from that considering Chris announced they are already working on a new EP titled "Kaleidoscope" for 2017.
  6. Originally posted by ahn1991:I'm not sure what to take from that considering Chris announced they are already working on a new EP titled "Kaleidoscope" for 2017.
    Weird I know.
  7. oh that's a bit of exaggeration, I'd say the daily mail trying to make an interesting headline. He's just saying they're happy with their music... he also says they haven't said it all yet.

I think it just means they're going to be touring more rather than going away for a long time to do another LP. They'll probably release the EP and then do more legs of the tour, a la Zooropa.
  8. Taken from the article
    Chris also admitted that he's happy the band didn't tour after their last album Ghost Tour rekindling the band's love of travel

What even is this sentence? I get the gist of it, that Chris was happy the band decided to keep the Ghost Stories tour nice and short, but still they have editors on payroll for this?
  9. just got back from Coldplay in Melbourne it was a good show ups and downs. Stage was well setup except for lighting and sound Rig was kind of in the way of the screen from where we were sitting. Not as loud as I thought it would be, but a good sound none the less.
  10. Nice!