1. I have to admit I've gone off Coldplay a bit, for me they've not made a step up from album to album since they brought out AROBTTH, I sill enjoyed X and Y but I'd say since then it's gone way down hill and we've been limited to a few good songs per album. The other thing I've found is the albums since then haven't had the same longevity, they get a little boring. On the plus side I think they've got at least one great album in them still so I'm waiting for that to come and hopefully it takes them back to there roots.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:I have to admit I've gone off Coldplay a bit, for me they've not made a step up from album to album since they brought out AROBTTH, I sill enjoyed X and Y but I'd say since then it's gone way down hill and we've been limited to a few good songs per album. The other thing I've found is the albums since then haven't had the same longevity, they get a little boring. On the plus side I think they've got at least one great album in them still so I'm waiting for that to come and hopefully it takes them back to there roots.
    Would you say they've gone down Violet Hill?

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    I have found 3 spare minutes to listen to Something Just Like This again and, surprisingly, I enjoyed it better than the first time. I might even end up liking it
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Would you say they've gone down Violet Hill?

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    I have found 3 spare minutes to listen to Something Just Like This again and, surprisingly, I enjoyed it better than the first time. I might even end up liking it
    That may well be the exact Hill they've went down lol. I'm not dismissing the song they did last night but I really have given every album they've brought out a chance, in fact I liked a few of them for a while but I'm bored of them now and the tracks are very forgettable compared to some of there best work. I understand it's just personal preference though, there's bound to be loads of Coldplay fans that don't even give songs like twisted logic, low, or high speed a chance and just enjoy the singles.
  4. sounds almost like a lot of members here hate CPs guts... but why on earth do you always come back and check out every new tune? #guiltypleasure
  5. Hope.
  6. oh i see... fair enough
  7. I've always liked Coldplay, but I must admit I've been less enamoured of their post Viva la Vida output. Certainly not the worst band out there by a long shot. I'll give the new song a listen.... Not at all a fan of the chainsmokers, though...
  8. So the song is advertised as a collaboration between Coldplay and The Chainsmokers, but to be quite honest I think this is probably the easiest money The Chainsmokers have ever made, and that's saying a lot for a group that has gotten this far by making a million versions of one song.

Lyrically, it's great. But you know The Chainsmokers aren't coming up with those lyrics. And musically, well Coldplay has already been experimenting with this sort of sound. Basically, The Chainsmokers should thank Coldplay for the publicity.
  9. They should have stopped making ''music'' like 5 years ago, this is just getting sad now. Such a shame that a band who made albums like Parachutes, AROB and even X&Y is now ''making'' songs like this.

I'm happy Bono's search for relevance has never got them in a place like Coldplay has been in for some time now.

10. yup, look how similar the new song is to this one. Chorus is so similar.
  11. Originally posted by bartajax:They should have stopped making ''music'' like 5 years ago, this is just getting sad now. Such a shame that a band who made albums like Parachutes, AROB and even X&Y is now ''making'' songs like this.

I'm happy Bono's search for relevance has never got them in a place like Coldplay has been in for some time now.
    Let's be honest though. If Coldplay continued to make music such as Parachutes, AROB, and X&Y we wouldn't be talking about them at all because they probably would've broken up. In spite of disagreements regarding newer material, most Coldplay fans agree that things had to change for them to survive. Personally, I have to respect Coldplay for having the stones to experiment with different sounds while still retaining their distinctly unique sound.
  12. They celebrate Chris his birthday with a new song, sounds good