1. Originally posted by iTim:I didn't watch it. I've read that we were the better team, but take that with a pinch of salt as those are the words of fellow United supporters.

I did however see this clip of some delightful passing:

[YouTube Video]

Not bad Tim ... did you heard something about Di Maria to Man United ? i know that now they are talking about a move to PSG . Ancelotti said that he want him , but it will be har to play in that team with so many ( good) players
  2. double
  3. Mlada Boleslav - Olympique Lyonnais 1-4

4. You looking forward to attending the league game soon?

Pato, I've heard rumours of Di Maria, Vidal, Bling, Vermaelen, Hummels... We still need to offload players first. As good as Di Maria would be, van Gaal has already stated that the squad is unbalanced with too much in attack.
  5. Originally posted by iTim:[..]

You looking forward to attending the league game soon?

Pato, I've heard rumours of Di Maria, Vidal, Bling, Vermaelen, Hummels... We still need to offload players first. As good as Di Maria would be, van Gaal has already stated that the squad is unbalanced with too much in attack.

Yeah, only a little more than a week left now. I think I'll spend some time trying to learn a little French the coming days.
  6. Will this be the first time you've seen Lyon play live, in the flesh?

7. Yes, it will be.

Wouldn't mind if Umtiti reprised this goal from yesterday, which in turn was very similar to his quite famous goal against Tottenham.

8. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:[..]

Yes, it will be.

Wouldn't mind if Umtiti reprised this goal from yesterday, which in turn was very similar to his quite famous goal against Tottenham.

[image]

great goal
  9. ICC Champions

Some positive performances over pre-season. Heading into the tournament, I wasn't expecting it to go quite so well. Some points to take from it for me:

- Excellent wins over Real Madrid and Liverpool.
    - Ashley Young looks like a different player.
    - The youngsters (Keane, Blackett, and Lingard) have shown that they are ready to start gaining some real first-team experience this season.
    - The back three is still shaky and I think we need a new CB before the season starts
    - Herrera and Shaw both look very good, composed players.
    - van Gaal has restored belief in the squad

Overall, that should give the whole squad a confidence boost. One more friendly to go, back at Old Trafford and if we make it six wins from six, we should be ready to hit the ground running in just under two weeks. The tests will be the usual foes, but I expect us to perform much better than last season in those games. No European competition will help, as it helped Liverpool last season. But we must get back into the Champions League at least.
  10. Originally posted by iTim:ICC Champions

Some positive performances over pre-season. Heading into the tournament, I wasn't expecting it to go quite so well. Some points to take from it for me:

- Excellent wins over Real Madrid and Liverpool.
    - Ashley Young looks like a different player.
    - The youngsters (Keane, Blackett, and Lingard) have shown that they are ready to start gaining some real first-team experience this season.
    - The back three is still shaky and I think we need a new CB before the season starts
    - Herrera and Shaw both look very good, composed players.
    - van Gaal has restored belief in the squad

Overall, that should give the whole squad a confidence boost. One more friendly to go, back at Old Trafford and if we make it six wins from six, we should be ready to hit the ground running in just under two weeks. The tests will be the usual foes, but I expect us to perform much better than last season in those games. No European competition will help, as it helped Liverpool last season. But we must get back into the Champions League at least.

the few i saw was fine and surprised with good results

This will be a good season for Man United
  11. Rojo reportedly handed in a transfer request following a £16m bid from Man Utd. What do you make of him Pato? I know we saw him at the World Cup and he looked comfortable defensively at LB, but I understand his favoured position is CB.

Also, our first look at this crazy Real Madrid side tonight in the European Super Cup. Will anyone be watching the game?
  12. Originally posted by iTim:Rojo reportedly handed in a transfer request following a £16m bid from Man Utd. What do you make of him Pato? I know we saw him at the World Cup and he looked comfortable defensively at LB, but I understand his favoured position is CB.

Also, our first look at this crazy Real Madrid side tonight in the European Super Cup. Will anyone be watching the game?

hard to believe . Before the WC here he was the most questioned player because he wasnt play in his right position .He did a very good WC , i don t know if he is a player to Man United ... and i think the 16m is too much for him .
    He is a good player , don t misunderstand me , but he is not Roberto Carlos or Maldini

He will be the new Dennis Irwin hehehe