1. 1-1 ..not bad for Atletico

Rojo is finally in Man United ! this is the weirdest transfer i ever know for an Argentinian player
  2. I assume away goals count in this, Sergio?

There has been a lot of "wtf?" regarding Rojo I've only seen him at the Wordl Cup and I, like many United fans, thought he played well. Those connected to Portugal/Argentina seem to be utterly bemused. He doesn't solve any problems though, he simply provides cover for Shaw and an extra body at centre back.
  3. Originally posted by iTim:I assume away goals count in this, Sergio?

There has been a lot of "wtf?" regarding Rojo I've only seen him at the Wordl Cup and I, like many United fans, thought he played well. Those connected to Portugal/Argentina seem to be utterly bemused. He doesn't solve any problems though, he simply provides cover for Shaw and an extra body at centre back.

He has an awesome agent

he is a bit polyfunctional on defense but there were just a few players that played in a such big team like United ...but Rojo ? he has luck ...there were a lot of players that were close to play there and finally they didn t go there . Hope he has a great time there
  4. As Bart said, it has provided a chance to move Nani on for a season. I do like Nani, he used to be such a promising player, but his form has been so inconsistent over the past few seasons. But in moving him on, we are now a winger light...Hopefully Di Maria will fill that. We need defensive cover, Rojo provides that, but I'm already starting to question how effective he will be We were rumoured to be after Daley Blind as LVG left the World Cup.

And Bart, can you afford Eto'o? I understand his wage demands are still quite high, though those could've been false reports.
  5. Originally posted by iTim:I assume away goals count in this, Sergio?

Yes they do, so 1-1 it's a pretty good result for Atletico Specially since most were betting for RM to totally destroy them!
  6. Nice punch by Ramos, maybe he should go boxing instead

7. That reminds me, did anyone see the incident between Brandao and Motta after the PSG/Bastia game at the weekend?
  8. Originally posted by iTim:As Bart said, it has provided a chance to move Nani on for a season. I do like Nani, he used to be such a promising player, but his form has been so inconsistent over the past few seasons. But in moving him on, we are now a winger light...Hopefully Di Maria will fill that. We need defensive cover, Rojo provides that, but I'm already starting to question how effective he will be We were rumoured to be after Daley Blind as LVG left the World Cup.

And Bart, can you afford Eto'o? I understand his wage demands are still quite high, though those could've been false reports.

That's why I don't understand Rojo. I don't know how much United have to spend but I think their main targets should be some creative players. Midfielders and wingers. Di Maria and Vidal for example.
    Hopefully Blind won't go, he is too good for Ajax but I think a step to United is a bit too much.

Ajax has a salary cap for 1 million (placed by themselfs) so normally not, but they want to go over that and use bonuses etc. I don't think he will come. Overmars (Football director) said that they gave him a deadline until today 18.00, 6 o'clock, and after that they will start looking for other options. Loic Remy has been rumoured too.
    Ajax hasn't spend a lot on transfers last years and with CL and outgoing transfers a lot of money has been made so there is a huge (for Dutch clubs) amount of money right now.
  9. Originally posted by iTim:That reminds me, did anyone see the incident between Brandao and Motta after the PSG/Bastia game at the weekend?

Pretty insane, yeah.
  10. GO ATLETI!!!

11. What a game so far, the crowd is amazing as usual. Actually surprises me how good Atletico is of an opponent versus this team of Galactico's.
  12. Good game that