1. I don't get why both semi's would be in London as well. Sounds a bit unfair to do that as one "package". The stadium is great but a semi final in Munchen and one in Madrid and then the final in London for instance would also be great and a bit more diverse.
  2. Also great to see that Brandao has received a six-month ban for his headbutt on Thiago Motta. Completely unacceptable behaviour on the field, but waiting in the tunnel to do it is disgusting.
  3. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

I don't get why both semi's would be in London as well. Sounds a bit unfair to do that as one "package". The stadium is great but a semi final in Munchen and one in Madrid and then the final in London for instance would also be great and a bit more diverse.

At least it prevents any of the semi-finalists having a home advantage. Perhaps they wanted to base all four teams in one city with access to local training facilities to avoid any travel for them ahead of the final.
  4. Originally posted by iTim:[..]

At least it prevents any of the semi-finalists having a home advantage. Perhaps they wanted to base all four teams in one city with access to local training facilities to avoid any travel for them ahead of the final.

Yeah I get that, although when you would've organised the Euro in let's say Russia or Norway, the distances could be just as big as between London and Munich. Ah well.
  5. Could also be a capacity thing, Wembley holds many more than the Allianz. Need to fit all of those executives and sponsors in.
  6. Originally posted by iTim:Could also be a capacity thing, Wembley holds many more than the Allianz. Need to fit all of those executives and sponsors in.

Yeah true. And I'm sure the London airports have much more capacity for private jets than others.

7. _O_ _O_ _O_
  8. Originally posted by AMLBONO:Season definitely started in Sunday for Manchester United fans. Was a rocky start. Happy to see for now that Van Gall has ditched the 3-5-1 formation. Not enough quality in the squad to play with only 3 defenders in the back. They are going to score a fair amount of goals with the fire power up front but are they going to concede too many?

You saw the future ...
  9. I did unfortunately...
  10. When teams counter attack they are very vulnerable in the back. The penalty called against Rafeal was tough considering he was blatantly fouled just moments before. That made the score 3-2 for United but they just fell apart after that. When teams score they just go into a shell and the creativity stops and they play very tight and make mistakes. Di Maria is a very special player though. I look forward to watching him for the remainder of the year.

Still not over but one broadcaster put it very well yesterday calling the club "The most expensive 'mid-table' football club in all the land".
  11. So ...what s going on here ?? a new album and we all forget about football !!

What do you think about Di Maria Tim?

The last weekend we had a superclasico here . Very controversial . 1-1

On Saturday Argentina vs Brazil in Hong Kong