1. Originally posted by iTim:Teams are given points based on their results over the period of four years.

Win (no penalty shootout) -3
    Win (penalty shootout) - 2
    Draw - 1
    Loss (penalty shootout) -1
    Loss (no penalty shootout) - 0

These points are then multiplied by three more values based on match status (friendly, world cup qualifier, etc), the regional strength of each team (UEFA, CONMEBOL, etc), and the opposition strength.

So, let's take Brazil's last international game as example. They lost on penalties to Paraguay after the match finished 1-1.

Brazil's ranking points are calculated like this:

- 1 points for the loss on penalties;
    - multiplied by 3.0 for match status (Copa America match);
    - multiplied by 1.42 for opposition strength (Paraguay is ranked 58th);
    - multiplied by 1.00 for regional strength (the average of the weightings for the two teams' confederations)
    - multiplied by 100.

= 426

Then the results for all matches played in the year are averaged together (assuming at least five matches have been played) and added to the average from the previous 3 years to arrive at the current ranking points.

You are a master

So any team deserve their place on the ranking
  2. Watching the game tonight, Glenn? Or going to the 2nd leg? I tried to get tickets for tonight and had no luck.
  3. Happy with the match Tim?

Saw the second half, where it was all ManU dominating the game. That assist by Rooney should've been a goal, that was brilliant.

Glad to see Depay showed some of his class. What he did with the first goal was amazing.
  4. It was fairly comfortable in the end given the shaky start, but it could've been a different story. Romero was very lucky to not concede the second after his awful decision making in the second half. Fellaini's goal gives us a bit of protection now for next Wednesday and we should really be seeing the game out there. Good to see Memphis get up and running in the goals too, he had a good first half indeed.
  5. I couldn't get tickets for either match

And yeah, ManU was/is at least twice as good.
    But what could you expect when the budgets are 500mio against 30mio...

Although, in our defence, we have 9(!) injured players, most would've started when fit, our captain fell out during the game and then there's this stupid 2nd yellow from Mechele. Plus it's more an individual (Depay) difference than a team difference imo... Your individual qualities are far superior.

If it wasn't for Fellaini, we would have a small chance for the 2nd, but now...

Btw, do you think it was a fault on Romero?
  6. I thought he was fortunate, there wasn't a great deal in it. He did spring back to his feet after all.
  7. Originally posted by BelgianBono:I couldn't get tickets for either match

And yeah, ManU was/is at least twice as good.
    But what could you expect when the budgets are 500mio against 30mio...

Although, in our defence, we have 9(!) injured players, most would've started when fit, our captain fell out during the game and then there's this stupid 2nd yellow from Mechele. Plus it's more an individual (Depay) difference than a team difference imo... Your individual qualities are far superior.

If it wasn't for Fellaini, we would have a small chance for the 2nd, but now...

Btw, do you think it was a fault on Romero?
    No fault of Romero
    Rather the coaches fault
  8. Originally posted by iTim:It was fairly comfortable in the end given the shaky start, but it could've been a different story. Romero was very lucky to not concede the second after his awful decision making in the second half. Fellaini's goal gives us a bit of protection now for next Wednesday and we should really be seeing the game out there. Good to see Memphis get up and running in the goals too, he had a good first half indeed.
    Yeah Romero, too bad you don't have a better keeper in the squad somewhere.

9. much better goalies were sitting on the South Stand - DDG, Valdes and Lindegaard . Romero, it´s a bad joke. one of the worst goalkeepers I have ever seen.
  10. Originally posted by iTim:I thought he was fortunate, there wasn't a great deal in it. He did spring back to his feet after all.
    I only saw in replay that Oulare stood on his foot so I guess it's fair after all...
  11. Originally posted by pan_Feroslav:[..]

much better goalies were sitting on the South Stand - DDG, Valdes and Lindegaard . Romero, it´s a bad joke. one of the worst goalkeepers I have ever seen.
    ehh he is since 6 years ago the goalkeeper from the best national team for the moment so that bad sure he is not ...maybe you don t like him or you have to see more football to find worst goalkeepers
  12. Originally posted by patou2:ehh he is since 6 years ago the goalkeeper from the best national team for the moment so that bad sure he is not ...maybe you don t like him or you have to see more football to find worst goalkeepers

on club level he was only sitting on the bench in Sampdoria and Monaco - in worse leagues than PL is, in smaller clubs than MUFC is...can´t believe how stubborn LvG handles with his goalies. but I know you are from Argentina