1. Lol, immediately after I said that, the first shot at minute 80.
  2. I can't believe it, Chile wins again!
    In some place in Buenos Aires, Pato is suffering right now.
  3. Poor Pato! Four lost finals, that must feel horrible as a fan, even worse than us Netherlands losing three World Cup finals.

And poor Messi, four lost finals too. So sad. He now quits as international too.
  4. Argentina is like Holland, they always had great teams but nothing won , except with Maradona
  5. (google translation)
    From the waist down is the same quality, a privileged left, the ability to propose an aesthetic game and at the same time effective. But from the waist up, there are the heart and mind and there is rooted the reason why Maradona is the greatest of all, the most complete of all. I recognize that Lionel Messi, with his extraordinary ability, is the first to have scratched the leg of the throne of Maradona, however, that throne still has three solid legs and Maradona is still sitting
    Victor Hugo Morales
    (Pato should know him quite well)
  6. While I agree (and always have said it) that Messi is not the kind of clutch player to take the team on his back and carry it to win something, let's not forget that while Maradona had Valdano and Caniggia killing up front, Messi has had Higuaín who has missed totally clear chances to win 3 of those finals. Also, Maradona had Goicoechea making everybody forget his missed PKs in the World Cup while Romero hasn't been a factor in both PK defined finals.

Besides that, apparently Mascherano has also left the National Team and maybe Kun as well.
  7. i think you're pointing to the "wrong" Argentina .. 1990 and Maradona missed his penalty in quartefinal but scored his penalty in semifinal
    in 1986 Caniggia and Goicoechea weren't in the team, which was much poorer than the recent years and they never went till penalties
    Arg vs Eng 2 - 0 guess who scored (one with the help of dios but the other jeez the whole englis team are still looking for him)
    Arg - Bel 2 - 0 guess who scored the 2
    Arg - Ger 3 - 2 guess who put Burruchaga to score the decisive goal at the very end of the match
    he won that world cup almost alone

i can't believe i support Maradona! hehehe
  8. Originally posted by clover68:i think you're pointing to the "wrong" Argentina .. 1990 and Maradona missed his penalty in quartefinal but scored his penalty in semifinal
    in 1986 Caniggia and Goicoechea weren't in the team, which was much poorer than the recent years and they never went till penalties
    Arg vs Eng 2 - 0 guess who scored (one with the help of dios but the other jeez the whole englis team are still looking for him)
    Arg - Bel 2 - 0 guess who scored the 2
    Arg - Ger 3 - 2 guess who put Burruchaga to score the decisive goal at the very end of the match
    he won that world cup almost alone

i can't believe i support Maradona! hehehe
    I wasn't trying to be specific, but still, my point is that while Burruchaga scored the one he had... Higuaín (and Kun yesterday) has had the winning goal at his feet in the last 3 finals, and he has wasted all his chances.
    Maradona missed a pk like Messi did, but that WC Argentina won 35 pk series (with Goico being the main player), and this Argentina has lost both finals that way in the last couple of years.

I'm not questioning Maradona or arguing that Messi is anywhere near his level when it comes to leading and carrying his team, but I think history is being/will be rather unfair when it comes to judge the guy, and I do feel sorry for him.
  9. anyone go along brooklyn bridge to rescue Pato