1. The plane supposedly ran out of fuel, or the pilot decided to throw away the fuel to avoid an explosion due to an electric failure...
  2. The team had been due to play in the final of the Copa Sudamericana, against Medellin team Atletico Nacional.

The first leg of the final of the cup, South America's second most important club competition, was scheduled for Wednesday but has now been suspended.

The competition organisers say Atletico Nacional has asked for Chapecoense to be awarded the cup, despite the matches not being played.

A great gesture.
  3. As Brazilian I can say... very sad day and all brazilians are with Chapecoense right now
  4. rip an unbelieveable tragedy
  5. As a German, let me tell you we over here and surely people all around the world are so very sorry and feel for the players lost and their families and friends. This really is a tragic happening. Today, we are all Brazilian
  6. Originally posted by MacStripey:[..]
    As a German, let me tell you we over here and surely people all around the world are so very sorry and feel for the players lost and their families and friends. This really is a tragic happening. Today, we are all Brazilian
    The news in television, in every Brazilian channel are about this... the atmosphere here is the most dark and sad thing you can suppose
  7. Originally posted by fleavox:[..]
    The news in television, in every Brazilian channel are about this... the atmosphere here is the most dark and sad thing you can suppose
    I'm so sorry

8. Isn't the best way to celebrate... we all in Brazil wanted Chapecoense celebrating the championship without tragedy, winning in normal matches... but now is official... Chapecoense is the champion of South America's Cup (Copa Sudamericana / Copa Sul Americana)
  9. Forget Messi's penalty kick, this is the sickest penalty kick ever