1. Originally posted by bartajax:So Tim, what can we expect this Wednesday? I'm kinda afraid for a typical Mourinho match because I don't think Ajax will be able to play through his wall. But on the other hand, this United team is probably the worst I've seen...
    You've pretty much hit the nail on the head. I expect a tight defence with the hope of stealing something on the counter. There's a lot riding on this for United, so it's key really that we do everything and anything to win. If Ajax turn up, then we're in for a tough game.
  2. I'm going to watch the Europa League finale in Amsterdam tomorrow, with 100.000 people.
  3. Good luck, I'm going to watch it at home. It will be an exciting game.
  4. Originally posted by iTim:[..]
    You've pretty much hit the nail on the head. I expect a tight defence with the hope of stealing something on the counter. There's a lot riding on this for United, so it's key really that we do everything and anything to win. If Ajax turn up, then we're in for a tough game.
    It's like two opposites facing eachother. At least the United of this season is the opposite of the current Ajax team. I always was a big supporter of United (my favourite club outside of The Netherlands) but with the appointment of the biggest anti-football man in history they lost so much of respect from me. I remember watching, as a little boy, players like Beckham, Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Van Nistelrooy. God I loved that team .

But anyway, I don't have a great feeling about the game. I fear a typical Mourinho game with a single goal by someone like Fellaini or Smalling..... But may the best team win
  5. Ajax just have to win the hearts of the millions watching tonight by playing their signature game...

#everylittlethingsgonnabealright

6. Originally posted by bartajax:[..]
    It's like two opposites facing eachother. At least the United of this season is the opposite of the current Ajax team. I always was a big supporter of United (my favourite club outside of The Netherlands) but with the appointment of the biggest anti-football man in history they lost so much of respect from me. I remember watching, as a little boy, players like Beckham, Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Van Nistelrooy. God I loved that team .

But anyway, I don't have a great feeling about the game. I fear a typical Mourinho game with a single goal by someone like Fellaini or Smalling..... But may the best team win
    the usual philosophical diatribe
    a football match, like most team sports, implies 2 sides, offense and defense and without the latter you won't ever win anything serious
    Klopp? De Boer? anyone?
    unless you have a far way superior team and sometimes that's not enough without a solid defensive tactic
  7. Originally posted by BigGiRL:Ajax just have to win the hearts of the millions watching tonight by playing their signature game...

#everylittlethingsgonnabealright

Hopefully yes. But watch out for the tactic of Mr. (awful) Mourinho. If Ajax succeed to play the game they like to play, they will win. A 3-0 would be nice. That's a victory for the football in general.
  8. Originally posted by clover68:[..]
    the usual philosophical diatribe
    a football match, like most team sports, implies 2 sides, offense and defense and without the latter you won't ever win anything serious
    Klopp? De Boer? anyone?
    unless you have a far way superior team and sometimes that's not enough without a solid defensive tactic
    You have defensive football and not playing like Mourinho does some times. I mean coaches like Conte, Ancelotti or Simeone aren't the most attacking coaches either but its never as pathetic as Mourinho has done in the past. Also he is always looking for ways to degrade his opponent in the most disgusting ways. It fits a club like Chelsea but teams like Real and United should know better to hire someone who brings so much shame to a club.

Don't get me wrong he is a great coach but his personality and the way he does it just isn't my cup of tea and is a threat to the way people think about football.
  9. I think Mourinho has been the best coach in the world until 2010, when he won the UCL with Inter Milan playing not only in a defensive way. They defeated Barcelona in Milan playing a very aggressive and propositive match. The return match at Camp Nou is one of the best defensive match I've seen, even in 10vs11 they were able to move on to the final giving few score chances to players like Messi, Ibrahimovic, Pedro and Xavi.
    I agree with the fact that his playing is too much passive (and he has great players by his side), but he's still one of the best (if he should win tonight, it'll be his second Uefa/EL Cup, as well as his 2 UCL and the many championships won in Portugal, England, Italy and Spain).
  10. thanks for mentioning Chelsea and not Inter, Bart .. i really enjoyed so much those years

anyway is the absence of Ibra an advantage or disadvantage?
  11. Originally posted by clover68:thanks for mentioning Chelsea and not Inter, Bart .. i really enjoyed so much those years

anyway is the absence of Ibra an advantage or disadvantage?
    Haha I kinda like Inter so I don't think he really belonged there as a peron, but the way he plays fits the Italian way of thinking, right? I even enjoyed Inter back then to be honest (not so much now, I can't even name 5 players probably).

As for Zlatan, I'll miss him because he's probably my favourite player of the last 10 years. Don't really know if it's positive or negative he won't be there.