1. Well done to Sweden and condolences to Italy if it’s any consolation I’m from Scotland where everyone below drinking age hasn’t seen us qualify.
  2. It's so sad Holland is out. I had really hoped for them to be part this time. NED vs GER is a classico.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:Well done to Sweden and condolences to Italy if it’s any consolation I’m from Scotland where everyone below drinking age hasn’t seen us qualify.
    In 2026 there will be 48 teams, so everyone will be in.
  4. I am not sure why FIFA feels the need to change what is working. The drama of the final qualifying days will be gone. Was exciting to see that the final days mattered in CONCACAF, CONMEBOL, and UEFA.
  5. Trust me Cesar don’t put your money on Scotland making it. If you want a safer bet place it on San Marino actually winning a game. I’m only half joking as well.
  6. Originally posted by jdcranston:[..]
    I am not sure why FIFA feels the need to change what is working. The drama of the final qualifying days will be gone. Was exciting to see that the final days mattered in CONCACAF, CONMEBOL, and UEFA.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  7. I get the money part of it, but keep the drama. Mexico needed it the final day in 2014, and the final day this cycle saw lots of excitment (to the dismay of the USA)
  8. Unfortunately it is all about the money, I’m guessing it will work for more nations though because it gives teams on the border line a very good chance of qualifying. It won’t benefit viewers though who has mentioned above miss out on more excitement. Having said that when they moved the euro’s to 24 teams I thought it almost wouldn’t be worth celebrating Scotland qualifying yet we still didn’t manage it so there still is work to do in they games but I agree that when it comes to the format less is more.
  9. Hope Ireland will qualify tomorrow, so maybe we can show the world how fandom is done again

10. Do you think? Holland didn't make the EU finals 2016 with 24 teams either. So in 2022 I'm still not sure. We should shame for it.
  11. Yes you're right. As always. When will it happen? Maybe in 2 years (EURO20). Germany is so much better. We are beginning a complete new national team. Arjen Robben was the last great player. I'm happy for him he's still in Munich. But o.k. let's hope and see.
  12. Amen. Think of all the Russian cars we'll fix at the side of the road and babies we'll deliver! The Put Em Under Pressure 7" single is standing by!