1. Anybody familiar with them on here? If not, they are a brilliant group that is quite hard to describe. Antony, really has a voice that must be heard. They have collaborated with Lou Reed, Boy George, Devandra Banhart, Rufus Wainwright, and others. Antony has the voice of a soulful black woman, yet he is a 30 something white guy. One of the most original groups out there today. Here is his performance of If It Be Your Will from the Leonard Cohen Doc, I'm Your Man, which also features U2

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="
    "></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
    " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
  2. ooooooooooh I LOVE Antony & The Johnsons! Been to a concert two years ago and it was just so amazing, I'm still getting goosebumps when I think of it!
    And he's such a sweet person! It was a rather little gig he played and after the show he got out from the backstage area and I could get an autograph. His album "I Am A Bird Now" is a little masterpiece, and the songs "Hope There's Someone" and "Fistfull Of Love" belong to my favourite songs of all time.
    On "their" homepage, you can find a recent interview he did where he also speaks of the new album, which is supposed to sound brighter and more uptempo in general...I'm curious! Release is some time in autumn I think.

Oh and speaking of covers, he also did a cover for the "I'm Not There"-OST....he performs "Knockin On Heaven's Door".
  3. Glad to see another fan on here! I LOVE his version of Knocking on Heaven's Door, that song was never so heartbreaking and beautiful. I think his first cd is wonderful as well, so much more operatic than I Am A Bird Now. I first heard him on Rufus Wainwright's 'Want Two" and then I really fell in love when I saw him in the Leonard Cohen doc.