1. is it something official ?
  2. Originally posted by walkon[..]

is it something official ?

No, it's just a wallpaper our buddy trabant created. The 25 only stands for the anniversary. I like the picture a lot, though.
  3. The album that brought us 40...so...Many Have Seen And Heard...
  4. Originally posted by yeah[..]

No, it's just a wallpaper our buddy trabant created. The 25 only stands for the anniversary. I like the picture a lot, though.

oh, its a nice one.
  5. Originally posted by yeahNo, it's just a wallpaper our buddy trabant created. The 25 only stands for the anniversary. I like the picture a lot, though.
    It completely rocks. By the way, that gas-masks always have scared me a lot...
  6. Some of their greatest music ever produced
  7. Hey, its macafly again. War is a great album. I bought this and Achtung at around the same time. You can all guess which I enjoy more too. I was encouraged to buy War after reading someone's top ten albums list on yahoo. The person had a diverse music collection, so I figured the album was good. As for Achtung, the influencing song for buying it was Even Better Than the Real Thing.

I listened to War about 4 months ago or so and didnt get many chances to listening to it. One example is I had the Joshua Tree on my album rotation (don't ask, LOL) , and was getting a lot of my attention. I also was working on buying new songs to get into new artists. U2 had a big influence in this, with 7 songs (everyone else had one or two). Then Achtung came in and became on of my favorite albums ever. However, War was only heard once or twice, to listen to some other stuff. By the end of December, War had become an unlistened to piece on my iPod. Thoughts of deleting the album off my iPod had been thought. I finally had the chance on Wednesday to choose albums for my album rotation. War made the second round, but only to be kept if it was awesome. Now you're wondering if its still there. When you read my review, you'll know.

War has its moments, with the hits SBS and NYD. Some of the deepers cuts I enjoy are Seconds, Two Hearts Beat as One, the refugee, Like a song, Surrender, and 40. But some of these to me are deep cuts. I enjoy Two Hearts, SBS, NYD, and 40 as awesome songs on the album.

And yes, it made the grade today.
  8. Awesome stuff.
  9. War was the second U2 cd I bought, and after hearing SBS I was hooked!
    and I'm amazed that after 25 years the album is still relevant,

[off to see red rocks(R)..]
  10. Originally posted by NoamTG
    [off to see red rocks(R)..]
    Topic can be closed now
  11. 25 years ago...I feel old still a great album and I still have the same vinyl copy I bought from Denhams of all places. Would love to see a deluxe edition of this.
  12. Originally posted by tdreamer25 years ago...I feel old still a great album and I still have the same vinyl copy I bought from Denhams of all places. Would love to see a deluxe edition of this.
    Welcome to the forum, dear! Who are you? Where are you from? Present yourself around here: http://u2start.com/topics/13/

By the way, regarding the War 25 Years Special Edition, there are a lot of news surfacing virtually every day, so it seems very likely we'll have it for late 2008