1. .. That i became a member of this wonderful site they call U2start!
    I know i never fully introduced myself and i know im not on often, its becoming more and more rare as uni starts to kick in but i thought this might be the perfect occasion to give it a try.
    My name is Nikki (Edit: i forgot this bit when i first posted haha) I live in the wonderful little country of New Zealand, im a twin and discovered the beauty of U2's music a little over a year ago. Their music helped me get through a tough stage of my life, especially when my twin sister got sick and i felt so helpless, U2's music lifted me up and also helped her through it and now everything is better then it has ever been!
    Without the power of music and the inspiration it gives, i couldn't survive, people argue bout religion, but my religion is music and every part of it is accepted, theres nothing to argue about.
    so thats the formal introduction of me..

Now just some interests im a huge fan of Basketball, played for the New Zealand U18 Koru's Women team last year, but then had surgery so had to have a break for a year, but now that year is now over and im finally back into it! Another big passion of mine is surf life saving, recently qualified and out there saving lives (well not yet but maybe one day i will) I do surf boat rowing for the club and my gosh its the best sport i have even done! Such a thrill! Dont know what it is? Search surf boat carnage in youtube and you'll soon find out thats the reason i got into surf club, Us boaties are a species of our own.
    But now finally ive finished high school and am starting study in BcVS, Bachleor of Vet Science, its a competitive course and ive got 6 months to prove ive got what it takes to get in, wish me luck everyone its my passion! Just finished O-week and yea got a bit wild!

But finally i just want to say a final big thanks to Remy, Gerard, Nate, Aidan, Dan, MWSAH and LikeaSong you were the first people i really talked to and control this site, making it what it is, prefection! i really thank you for it!
    Hope everyone carries on using this site and it grows bigger and bigger!
    Take care everyone!
  2. Originally posted by tui.. That i became a member of this wonderful site they call U2start!
    I know i never fully introduced myself and i know im not on often, its becoming more and more rare as uni starts to kick in but i thought this might be the perfect occasion to give it a try.
    I live in the wonderful little country of New Zealand, im a twin and discovered the beauty of U2's music a little over a year ago. Their music helped me get through a tough stage of my life, especially when my twin sister got sick and i felt so helpless, U2's music lifted me up and also helped her through it and now everything is better then it has ever been!
    Without the power of music and the inspiration it gives, i couldn't survive, people argue bout religion, but my religion is music and every part of it is accepted, theres nothing to argue about.

Now just some interests im a huge fan of Basketball, played for the New Zealand U18 Koru's Women team last year, but then had surgery so had to have a break for a year, but now that year is now over and im finally back into it! Another big passion of mine is surf life saving, recently qualified and out there saving lives (well not yet but maybe one day i will) I do surf boat rowing for the club and my gosh its the best sport i have even done! Such a thrill! Dont know what it is? Search surf boat carnage in youtube and you'll soon find out thats the reason i got into surf club, Us boaties are a species of our own.
    But now finally ive finished high school and am starting study in BcVS, Bachleor of Vet Science, its a competitive course and ive got 6 months to prove ive got what it takes to get in, wish me luck everyone its my passion! Just finished O-week and yea got a bit wild!

[image]

But finally i just want to say a final big thanks to Remy, Gerard, Nate, Aidan, Dan, MWSAH and LikeaSong you were the first people i really talked to and control this site, making it what it is, prefection! i really thank you for it!
    Take care everyone!

And congratulations to you! Very nice post at a good time. And I completely understand your opinion about music, it's the same with me.

3. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

And congratulations to you! Very nice post at a good time. And I completely understand your opinion about music, it's the same with me.

Thank you so much! Im glad you have the same opinion, life just wouldnt be the same without melodies and lyrics! I guess our "Two hearts beat as one" in this case
  4. Nice post Tui

Always a pleasure chatting with you here and it's nice to get to know some more about you. The surf stuff sounds cool.

We're not dissimilar I guess - my two big passions are music and vet work. All the best with the course; I'm sure you'll be fine and you know where to find me if I can be any assistance!
    Enjoy yourself and occasionally work hard, that's my advice!

Glad your sister pulled through her illness and keep coming on here as often as you can.

5. Hey Tui!!
    Nice post!!
    I wish you the best on your career and I'm thrilled to read about your passion for Basketball, I used to play when I was at school, but somehow after school finished I haven't played in a VERY LONG time!!! haha!! maybe one of this days!!
    I hope to see you more around!!
    awesome pic!!! and it's really great to read about how music means so much to most of us!!! I can't imagine myself without music..... it's beyond me.... and it's a very big part of me!!!
    cheers from Argentina!!!
    and I'll raise a Pint in your name tonight for this 1st year at U2start!!!!
  6. Hey there Tui...great to have you here among us...your posts may lack in quantity but they're great in quality (am I sounding weird?!)...
    anyways, happy U2-anniversary...hope to have you here for years to come
  7. Vey nice post,very informative and concise.So sad you have had a bit of bad luck in the past year or so,including your sister.But we are so glad she is back"causing" trouble as a twin.......go get 'em girls.And good luck on the Basketball front too,we all support New Zealand Ladies Basketball now........

I can't speak for other members of my generation,but I think it is cool that the younger generation in 2008,can actually relate and understand the power of U2's music and ideology. ........like a bolt from the blue,U2 came at me in 1983,and I have never looked back since.

And it looks like we have another Vet in the house,I can see a few PM's between you and Mr.Vetman Dan going down.All the very best with your calling of becoming a Vet,I'm sure you'll make a great one,in fact I have no doubt on that one.I take my hat off to you and Dan in treating all our sick animals,a fine choice of career.
  8. For my part, cheers Gary, very kind. And I agree with you about Tui's prospects.

Also all with you on new choice of fsvourite basketball team
    may be a little harder to persuade some of our American friends...
  9. One year ago - has it been that long? Wow - and I had a look at the YouTube stuff.

Good luck with the BcVS too, you'll make a fantastic vet...so I'll send all my pet-related questions to you to try and answer.

Just kidding about the pet thing - but a real big welcome from Australia.
  10. hey tui. Thank you for that insightful and heartfelt little intro. It's great to hear from you always and better again to know that you've cleared some of those hurdles that mother life has thrown at you this past while. I hope we see your prescence a lot more on the site. Good lick
  11. Originally posted by tui.. That i became a member of this wonderful site they call U2start!
    I live in the wonderful little country of New Zealand, im a twin and discovered the beauty of U2's music a little over a year ago. Their music helped me get through a tough stage of my life, especially when my twin sister got sick and i felt so helpless, U2's music lifted me up and also helped her through it and now everything is better then it has ever been!

[image]

Take care everyone!

Nice post tui. Thanks for the mention. I'd like to point out though that sometimes we have absolutely no control over the site
  12. Originally posted by djrlewisNice post Tui

Always a pleasure chatting with you here and it's nice to get to know some more about you. The surf stuff sounds cool.

We're not dissimilar I guess - my two big passions are music and vet work. All the best with the course; I'm sure you'll be fine and you know where to find me if I can be any assistance!
    Enjoy yourself and occasionally work hard, that's my advice!

Glad your sister pulled through her illness and keep coming on here as often as you can.

That means so much to me, Thank you again, the vet is tough already but i'm going to follow your advice! You may get a few questions here and there later on when its closer to crunch time (exams) hehe
    But thank you again!