1. Originally posted by tui:It would absolutely be rude not to! Aidan sent me a little message on Facey so I had to come say hi!
    So far so good! Everything has been a crazy adventure, I am in the UK! I'm a qualified Vet Technician now (didnt have the discipline or brains to get become a Veterinary Surgeon haha) but am just working in a little private clinic in London!
    How are you?

Whooa welcome back, dear!! It's great to have you back So glad you're doing what you like in the UK.

2. I wish I could say I was named after the beer... haha it is a great beer. But no I had the bird in mind when I created this

3. Oh thank you so much! Its so good to be back, I need to read up on what this band we all know and love has been up to. Its been far too long I feel too far out of the loop haha
  4. There's not much: they finished their 360 tour almost 3 years ago and they've been looping the loop around a new album since then
  5. Yeah so I keep hearing all these cheeky rumours about a new album that im frothing over, wish they would stop delaying the release date!

Has it really been 3 years since the 360 tour? OMG I still remember it like yesterday waiting in the RedZone for them to come onstage.. ahh bliss
  6. Good stuff about the job. So is that similar to nursing, or more technical? What brought you over here?
    I'm good, working in Cumbria, still loving it. I've had 2 children since we last spoke.....
    Virtually nothing happened with U2 mind
  7. You gotta love how people's lives are changing since U2 last released an album
  8. :
  9. This is just incredible! Congrats on the two little bundles of joy Dan! Such a huge change
    Ahh yeah its a bit of a combination between a vet nurse and a surgeon. We have a extra year of study where we can choose a track (either large, small or mixed practice) and go from there. Its still a fairly new position so we're pushing the boundaries to try and see what we can do! But I was one of the first people in NZ to graduate with the degree so we were the guinea pigs haha.
    Just the experience, us kiwis love to travel. did a couple of months around Europe, then have been in London for almost a year, am travelling the states and some more of Europe before I head back home in August! its been an amazing adventure
  10. Originally posted by tui:This is just incredible! Congrats on the two little bundles of joy Dan! Such a huge change
    Ahh yeah its a bit of a combination between a vet nurse and a surgeon. We have a extra year of study where we can choose a track (either large, small or mixed practice) and go from there. Its still a fairly new position so we're pushing the boundaries to try and see what we can do! But I was one of the first people in NZ to graduate with the degree so we were the guinea pigs haha.
    Just the experience, us kiwis love to travel. did a couple of months around Europe, then have been in London for almost a year, am travelling the states and some more of Europe before I head back home in August! its been an amazing adventure

I'm doing vet tech at UQ at the moment trying to get into vet.. not quite working out though. into my third and final year

is vet tech a profession in uk yet? they're making a big move to push for professionalism here at UQ/australia
  11. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]

I'm doing vet tech at UQ at the moment trying to get into vet.. not quite working out though. into my third and final year

is vet tech a profession in uk yet? they're making a big move to push for professionalism here at UQ/australia

Heya! Yeah tell me about it, I had the same intentions of getting into vet, but I found the BVetTech was more my path
    Ahh yeah its not really a profession here in the UK, yet. We are still considered 'nurses' but i'm based in London, Im sure out in the country more they will try push for the profession more due to the options of tracking in large animals if that makes sense?

Yeah its still a challenge in NZ aswell I was the first class to graduate with the degree there, so when I get back to NZ it will be interesting to see if any progress has been made in the degree being recognised.
  12. It's fascinating and something we should definitely look at over here. We don't make enough use of out nurses and a qualification between the two would be really useful.
    Unfortunately, the 'establishment' in the UK is very conservative so there's as much chance of me performing a successful wing transplant on to a pig....