1. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

I'll get flamed for this...but it has to be One. And even live it's still poor. The rest of Achtung Baby is sheer brilliance but that song drops it down a peg.

Wow That's a huge call.

Zooropa I guess wasn't mainstream U2 but it's better known than many albums on that list.
    And hey, it won best alternative record Grammy back in '93.
    It's gotta be one of the best albums created "on the run" in the middle of a worldwide tour!
  2. Originally posted by aussiemofo[..]

Wow That's a huge call.

Zooropa I guess wasn't mainstream U2 but it's better known than many albums on that list.
    And hey, it won best alternative record Grammy back in '93.
    It's gotta be one of the best albums created "on the run" in the middle of a worldwide tour!

But you could then say "Look at the albums winning Grammy awards nowadays". But to create an album like it in the middle of touring is quite clever.

At least here people can have an opinion and not be silenced for it.
  3. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

Aw...ok... *puts the gun back in his pocket*
  4. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

Agreed
  5. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

I'll get flamed for this...but it has to be One. And even live it's still poor. The rest of Achtung Baby is sheer brilliance but that song drops it down a peg.

nice to see different opinions, but One?! lol

i think of achtung baby of a whole piece good played and an mysterious sound
    and One is part of it, but i think because of you were trown dead by that song on the radio, its becomming more a everydaysong and get bored of it. but in essence its a beautifull piece of music, the emotion in bonos voice...

but respect youre opinion

cheers
  6. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

*makes phone call to mysterious assassin*

Ha, I ain't gonna flame you for your opinion, as you say, but I'll strongly disagree in that you think it's poor I think it has a different feel to a lot of stuff on the album but that said each song has its own unique style/feel etc.

Each to their own, tis a free world (supposedly, at any rate lol)

7. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

Don't worry, I don't like One (especially live) and Achtung Baby is maybe my less favorite U2 album after ATYCLB
  8. Originally posted by theedge123[..]

Don't worry, I don't like One (especially live) and Achtung Baby is maybe my less favorite U2 album after ATYCLB

That's even worse....
  9. Originally posted by theedge123[..]

You'd put October over Achtung Baby? These forums are a real eye-opener to different U2 preferences.
    I can understand how people can get sick of One as it does get overplayed but for me it's a timeless track and AB's a masterpiece.

10. Originally posted by aussiemofo[..]

You'd put October over Achtung Baby? These forums are a real eye-opener to different U2 preferences.
    I can understand how people can get sick of One as it does get overplayed but for me it's a timeless track and AB's a masterpiece.

Couldn't have said it better myself...
  11. I was expecting more people to disagree. Anyway, has anyone ever heard of Hawkwind? They should have been in there. Think of Kraftwerk and Pink Floyd combined with a bit of Zooropa.