1. Originally posted by thebonodrumswell here ya go!!!...tell me what you think? -sam

[YouTube Video]

You made streets sound good on an ES Model gibson.

And for that alone, i salute you.
  2. actually its an Ibanez Artcore lol but thank you so much!!!!
  3. Originally posted by thebonodrumswell here ya go!!!...tell me what you think? -sam

[YouTube Video]

Out of interest, the harmonics - I can never get the hang of 'em. Do you pick and have your left hand touch the strings like instantly, at the same time, what? lol. It looks so easy, but then again I'm not sure of the technicalities behind it. And you have a much better guitar than me lol. Really good cover, the only thing I would say is that the gain/overdrive whatever you wanna call it sounds just that BIT too heavy, but that's just me, and I might be the only person who would say that lol.

You use tabs or not? Either way, it's fairly gratifying to see that you play it the same way I do, and I haven't used a tab in my life lol. Keep up the great work mate
  4. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]

Out of interest, the harmonics - I can never get the hang of 'em. Do you pick and have your left hand touch the strings like instantly, at the same time, what? lol. It looks so easy, but then again I'm not sure of the technicalities behind it. And you have a much better guitar than me lol. Really good cover, the only thing I would say is that the gain/overdrive whatever you wanna call it sounds just that BIT too heavy, but that's just me, and I might be the only person who would say that lol.

You use tabs or not? Either way, it's fairly gratifying to see that you play it the same way I do, and I haven't used a tab in my life lol. Keep up the great work mate

totally agree with the overdrive part. the harmonics are done like this...you put your finger on the 12th fret of the high E and you just lightly put it on the string. Then play that string and let go really fast. Its really quite easy when you get the hang of it.
  5. Originally posted by thebonodrums[..]

totally agree with the overdrive part. the harmonics are done like this...you put your finger on the 12th fret of the high E and you just lightly put it on the string. Then play that string and let go really fast. Its really quite easy when you get the hang of it.

Cheers for that dude, will give it a try when I get back to my guitar later

Call me perdantic, but I'm assuming that applies for any string/fret, not just 12th/high E lol?
  6. well its only for the fifth, seventh and twelth fret.
  7. I love it friend!

Great work...I always wanted to play something....but it's too difficult for me

greetings from Brazil!
  8. I do play the classical, but have no idea of the electric...and am not so good with chords either (I like to think myself as someone like BB King )
  9. Originally posted by Ali709I do play the classical, but have no idea of the electric...and am not so good with chords either (I like to think myself as someone like BB King )

Aha, that sounds good to me my man, although I find it strange when people talk about finding it difficult to swap between acoustic and electric (if that's what you mean by the classical guitar) because I just can. Everyone's different I guess, and let's not forget how amazing a guitarist BB King was/is (is he still around?) I'm kinda different in that I'm much better with chords than more fiddly stuff, so I base everything I play around chords and work from that, i.e. you're more likely to find me playing soemthing like "I Will Follow" than something metal music wise my fingers can't do ridiculously complex solos, I'm far happier doing stuff from UTEOTW and The Fly lol - I am more melodic than impressive (I'll probably end up a busker one day lol...)

And thebonodrums, yeah after I asked you, I went upstairs, got the hang of it and then realised that the harmonics only work on certain frets lol, so felt a bit of a prat but again, thanks for explaining it - no one I've asked before has actually told me how to do it in a way I understand lol, ridiculous or what?!
  10. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]

Aha, that sounds good to me my man, although I find it strange when people talk about finding it difficult to swap between acoustic and electric (if that's what you mean by the classical guitar) because I just can. Everyone's different I guess, and let's not forget how amazing a guitarist BB King was/is (is he still around?) I'm kinda different in that I'm much better with chords than more fiddly stuff, so I base everything I play around chords and work from that, i.e. you're more likely to find me playing soemthing like "I Will Follow" than something metal music wise my fingers can't do ridiculously complex solos, I'm far happier doing stuff from UTEOTW and The Fly lol - I am more melodic than impressive (I'll probably end up a busker one day lol...)

And thebonodrums, yeah after I asked you, I went upstairs, got the hang of it and then realised that the harmonics only work on certain frets lol, so felt a bit of a prat but again, thanks for explaining it - no one I've asked before has actually told me how to do it in a way I understand lol, ridiculous or what?!

good harry glad i could help!
  11. Originally posted by thebonodrums[..]

good harry glad i could help!

Aha, the pleasure is all mine Sam (seems a lot easier than writing thebonodrums, took me another while to work out how you knew my name, then though "profile..." lol)

UTEOTW middle 8 after the solo sounds a lot better now I can do harmonics instead of just playing the notes REALLY HIGH up the fret board lol...
  12. Originally posted by Ali709I do play the classical, but have no idea of the electric...and am not so good with chords either (I like to think myself as someone like BB King )

"im horrible with chords" ~ love the way BB says that!