1. I just bought "Blackstar" last week. Pretty damn good!
  2. Just bought '' Blackstar '' today. Best design since forever!
  3. thanks a lot for that. outside is one of my favourite bowie records
  4. Blackstar is pure Genius!!! Lazarus and Dollar days my fav tracks
  5. I've never paid much attention to the years his albums were made. Going back and listening I've noticed this f&@$$g guy put out albums almost every year! Wow. Quality too. I wish some of my favorite bands would do that.....
  6. Originally posted by bpt3:Listening through Bowie's different eras of music and I am struck again by how much of an influence he had on U2, both in his ability to innovate and reinvent himself musically as well as performance-wise. Listening to Ziggy Stardust, Young Americans, Station to Station, and Heroes (to name four amazing albums) and the transition from glam rock to philly soul to krautrock to electronic ambience is incredible. U2's ability to change styles is something I've always enjoyed about them. And Bowie performing "in character" as Ziggy and The Thin White Duke = inspiration for The Fly and MacPhisto on Zoo TV. Elaborate, theatrical shows for Diamond Dogs and Glass Spider Tours? Zoo, PopMart, 360, I & E...

Quite the influence, indeed.

So true. Effortlessly went from hard rock to glam to soul to dance and so on.
  7. he was/is the greatest artist ever imho.
  8. The more I listen to David his work the more I see how big of an influence he was on Bono