1. the question is how to prevent the ebay assholes, the 'I like bowie I once heard space oddity on the radio' and the 'look i've got a bag with a proper record in it' bunch from getting near them.
  2. Originally posted by eddiemonsoon:the question is how to prevent the ebay assholes, the 'I like bowie I once heard space oddity on the radio' and the 'look i've got a bag with a proper record in it' bunch from getting near them.
    Sadly, you can't. They're as bad as the "death merchants" that jack up a $10 record to $100 to profit off an artist passing. You'd have to kill off most of humanity to stop it...
  3. well I've nothing planned for this afternoon so might as well make a start can't rely on Donald to do it in a month on his own
  4. I think it is time i sat down and tried to 'get' David Bowie. He is an artist I have liked on occasion (albeit rare occasions, maybe a handful of songs if that). It is strange how much I really love music of all flavours but just have not taken to him.

I recognise his talents and his output, have very much liked him speaking in interviews and did not dislike the man at all. The same can be said for the band Queen. I liked Freddie Mercury as an artist and when interviewed but just cannot get the music.
    Does anyone else have similar thoughts regarding other bands and artists?
  5. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:I think it is time i sat down and tried to 'get' David Bowie. He is an artist I have liked on occasion (albeit rare occasions, maybe a handful of songs if that). It is strange how much I really love music of all flavours but just have not taken to him.

I recognise his talents and his output, have very much liked him speaking in interviews and did not dislike the man at all. The same can be said for the band Queen. I liked Freddie Mercury as an artist and when interviewed but just cannot get the music.
    Does anyone else have similar thoughts regarding other bands and artists?
    I share the same feelings about Queen, just not my thing, not denying the talent in the band but don’t enjoy listening. Bowie I do like a lot of his work but there’s a lot of his work I also don’t like, he’s got that much stuff and had quite a few different sounds over the years I guess if your not a huge fan there’s going to be bits and pieces that don’t take your liking. One song that went relatively unnoticed from his later stuff though is Valentine’s Day, I think that’s a great tune.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I share the same feelings about Queen, just not my thing, not denying the talent in the band but don’t enjoy listening. Bowie I do like a lot of his work but there’s a lot of his work I also don’t like, he’s got that much stuff and had quite a few different sounds over the years I guess if your not a huge fan there’s going to be bits and pieces that don’t take your liking. One song that went relatively unnoticed from his later stuff though is Valentine’s Day, I think that’s a great tune.
    I must say i did like Tin Machine though.
  7. He's been a Genius because he's been able to "cover" all the genres possible in music.yes he had his highs and lows buy he did survive the test of time
    He tried rock...soul...blues...electronic and experimental
    Some album are maybe not that easy to approach.
    He returned to splendor in his last few years with Next Day or even Heathen .this last one Got some gems like Slow Burn or Everyone says hi
    He's been My very first approach to music when i was 11 or 12.i started with The Rise and Fall....( well.what a good start )...then i never stopped
    I'll miss him a lot.i always listen to his music when i Got the occasion.the greatest artist of our time