1. Any other guitarists out there, or people with ingenius ideas - if you find yourself playing WOWY and, like me, haven't got access to any Infinite Guitar type kit, how do you play Edge's opening part sequence (up until the 1st set of 'give yourself aways'), or perhaps do you even bother? I've tried just playing the chords instead but it doesn't sound/feel right, and trying to hold sustained notes without anything like the Infinite Guitar piece of kit is proving a bit difficult lol.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Would be really interested to hear
  2. Lady's and Gentlemen.

Welcome to the new Aaron.

You're not going to make a habit of this are you Harry?

3. hahahah i enjoy it. Um try the same effect edge uses for I still havent found. The shimmer effect. Thats what I use.
  4. Originally posted by djrlewisLady's and Gentlemen.

Welcome to the new Aaron.

You're not going to make a habit of this are you Harry?

Harsh Dan, harsh lol, but no, I'm not, I'm just intrigued to hear anyone else does, if at all. Honestly, this isn't going to turn habitual so don't fret !

Like I say, it's something that's posing me a problem and I thought I'd share it with you - I'm not going to pretend that I know everything there is to know about anything musically related, i.e. I don't know that much in the way of technical gab concerning instruments, but I can play the things fairly well lol.
  5. Originally posted by thebonodrumshahahah i enjoy it. Um try the same effect edge uses for I still havent found. The shimmer effect. Thats what I use.

Aha, a nice reply! Cheers Sam, sounds like a good idea. So kinda like a clean tone with a fair bit of delay and reverb?
  6. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]

Harsh Dan, harsh lol, but no, I'm not, I'm just intrigued to hear anyone else does, if at all. Honestly, this isn't going to turn habitual so don't fret !

Like I say, it's something that's posing me a problem and I thought I'd share it with you - I'm not going to pretend that I know everything there is to know about anything musically related, i.e. I don't know that much in the way of technical gab concerning instruments, but I can play the things fairly well lol.

Only messing with you.

Covering up for my complete lack of guitar knowledge.

In all seriousness I'd see what Aaron says as he seems to know a lot about this sort of thing. anstradubh would be a good one too.
  7. Have you tried feedback on awfully loud volumes? it usually gives you some sustain. Keep in mind I am not a guitar player.
  8. My advice? Maybe try something with a slide guitar. I have never seen an infinite guitar or even an E-bow for that matter. Most people I know dont even know the damn things exist.(although my friend Ricky does have a Fernandes with built in sustain). You really either need keyboards, or multiple guitars to get it even remotely right without the IG/E-bow/sustainer.
  9. Originally posted by thechickenHave you tried feedback on awfully loud volumes? it usually gives you some sustain. Keep in mind I am not a guitar player.

'Fraid not, I kinda like my eardrums as they are lol.
  10. I use an ebow. It's really sensitive and you've got to mess around with it quite a bit before you get it right, but minus buying one of the infinite guitars, it's the best way to go.
  11. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01My advice? Maybe try something with a slide guitar. I have never seen an infinite guitar or even an E-bow for that matter. Most people I know dont even know the damn things exist.(although my friend Ricky does have a Fernandes with built in sustain). You really either need keyboards, or multiple guitars to get it even remotely right without the IG/E-bow/sustainer.

Slide guitar, interesting idea...
  12. Not shure how it will work, so if you try it tell us how it goes.