1. THE EDGE EMBARRASSED BY WHITE STRIPES REWRITE

U2 star THE EDGE avoided an embarrassing plagiarism battle when he played a new song for WHITE STRIPES star JACK WHITE.
    The guitarist thought he'd composed a new hit and played the untitled track for his brother, who insisted it sounded familiar to White's Seven Nation Army - a track The Edge loves.
    Unconvinced, the rocker sat down with White while they were shooting new guitar documentary It Might Get Loud and played him the song.
    The Irishman says, "I went back and listened, and it wasn't exactly (Seven Nation Army), but it was way too close. I played it for Jack, and he was like, 'Mmm, it's a bit close, isn't it?'"

2. Very interesting news about Jack White and the Edge.
    I am sure he had teh best of intentions by doing that. They are both
    musicians who admire each others musical style

3. Big rumors flying around Chicago right now that U2 will perform at Oprah's opening show Tues. They are blocking off Michigan Ave (an extremely crowded street) for 2 days. Some already scheduled performers are the Black Eyed Peas.

I might believe these rumors, only because Bono and Oprah went shopping down Michigan Ave a few years ago for the Red campaign. I'm gonna go, just to make sure that I'm not missing a sneak performance.
  4. Originally posted by molang7:Big rumors flying around Chicago right now that U2 will perform at Oprah's opening show Tues. They are blocking off Michigan Ave (an extremely crowded street) for 2 days. Some already scheduled performers are the Black Eyed Peas.

I might believe these rumors, only because Bono and Oprah went shopping down Michigan Ave a few years ago for the Red campaign. I'm gonna go, just to make sure that I'm not missing a sneak performance.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to record the show so I don't miss it if it happens!
  5. No problem. The show will be taped Tuesday at 5. Not sure if it will be live or played in a few days?
  6. ooh exciting I love Oprah
  7. (RED)NIGHTS Hosts Star-Studded Concert at Carnegie Hall

Mark it in your diaries! October 4 at New York City’s legendary Carnegie Hall, (RED)NIGHTS will host “Hal Willner Presents: An Evening with Gavin Friday and Friends.” We can’t wait. The star-studded evening will feature Laurie Anderson, Antony, Elizabeth Ashley, Bono, Adam Clayton, Andrea Corr, The Edge, Flo & Eddie, Joel Grey, Bill Frisell, Guggi, Scarlett Johansson, Courtney Love, Lydia Lunch, Patrick McCabe, Maria McKee, Shane MacGowan, Eric Mingus, Larry Mullen, JG Thirlwell, Martha Wainright, Rufus Wainright, and Chloe Webb plus other special guests.

Tickets for the event will go on sale on Wednesday, September 16 at 11AM EST. And as with all (RED)NIGHTS shows, a portion of the proceeds from the concert goes directly to help eliminate AIDS in Africa. Gavin, who’s a childhood friend of Bono, is an Irish singer, composer and painter and founding member of the gothic rock group The Virgin Prunes. We’re so happy that he’s decided to turn this amazing show (RED).

Tickets are available at CarnegieCharge at 212.247.7800, www.carnegiehall.com and the box office. Get them on Wednesday.

Link
  8. COOL REVIEW OF 360TOUR IN BCNWEEK MAGAZINE

You can find a new cool review of the U2 tour in the BCNWeeK magazine.
    You can find the issue online, the article is on pag. 21

http://issuu.com/bcnweek/docs/078_bcnweekoctober

Enjoy! and diffuse!