1. Originally posted by dieder:but I prefer the studio version's climax ('see our love turns to rust') to the live version climax with Edge/Larry/Adam thundering
    Heartfully agre. I miss the whole "Our love turn to rust" verse that got rarely sung in 1987 and then ditched altogether The song just isn't the same without it. It's still great, but I miss that verse so much...

But,
    Originally posted by dieder:[..]
    I thought they were getting closer to the studio version last tours as they ditched Larry's 'drum sticks intro' which also is not on the studio version
    Heartfully disagree The / / / / / * / / / / / * / / / / / * intro by Larry is an unmistakable feature of the strongest build up to the song. Just the organ doesn't do it for me - whether it's more similar to the album or not. Longer organ plus Larry's intro = big win!
  2. Streets without Larry's intro isn't good. It needs to come back.

Stop being so lazy, Larry
  3. I wouldn't say it's a Larry thing because I'd say he had fun with it... Also, he doesn't get all the attention very often so I don't think it's his decission.

He could always fire the other members though
  4. Speaking of the band re-recording older albums, while I think re-recording JT for this tour would be pretty dumb (a live album of the album in full from this tour would be a fine subscriber gift) - I do love the idea of them re-recording Boy and calling it Man to cap off their career. Even if that ends up being a subscriber gift or something, and not a huge album push - I think that'd be super cool.
  5. I prefer the live version more. I like the added bridge, it's more powerful. I listened to the live recordings first, cause my dad was always watching Zoo Tv on VHS and Slane Castle. Then I heard the studio and it seemed off to me without it. It's still throws me off sometimes but i hope that the studio version is not done for TJT17

Originally posted by fleavox:[..]
    Well... I would love if they decided to rehearse this version for tour... I think this is never gonna happen, but would be great

6. Actually you're right. I don't want Joshua Tree to get the Pop treatment...
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Heartfully agre. I miss the whole "Our love turn to rust" verse that got rarely sung in 1987 and then ditched altogether The song just isn't the same without it. It's still great, but I miss that verse so much...

But,
    [..]
    Heartfully disagree The / / / / / * / / / / / * / / / / / * intro by Larry is an unmistakable feature of the strongest build up to the song. Just the organ doesn't do it for me - whether it's more similar to the album or not. Longer organ plus Larry's intro = big win!
    I didn't say that was good or bad. Just noticed they ditched it to maybe make it more sound like the studio version. I like that intro a lot. It can stay/come back
  8. The long buildup is still there, but it's way less pronounced because it always starts at the end of whatever song is leading into Streets. The simple solution would be to make the long intro longer, but Bono tends to fill the space with whatever lyrics/speech/prayers he can so it's much harder to appreciate Larry's drum intro.