1. So. If I have really nothing to do, I read some book. My favourites are LOTR, Hobbit, Silmarillion, The Children of Hurin (all by Tolkien) and Eragon and Eldest (2 parts of yet unfinished trilogy by Christopher Paolini)

What about you? Do you like books? Do you read a lot (I used to...then I found u2start ) What is your favourite book? What kind of books do you like? Sci-fi, fantasy, encyclopedias, biographies, historical....? And what is the strangest book you have ever read?

Cheers, Juraj
  2. The Grapes Of Wrath (all time favorite and will never be toppled I feel)
    I Am Legend (Hell Yea)
    Long Way Round (surprisingly good read)
  3. I wonder who is gonna say "The Bible" first?

Personally, I used to read a lot more than I do now. That being said, I really enjoyed the Lord of the Rings trilogy. (never got into "The Hobbit") Also really loved "Cry, the Beloved Country" by Alan Paton.
  4. Nando Parrado's "Miracle In The Andes" (amazing read), U2 by U2 obviously , all of the Harry Potter books (for my sins - one read of each was enough for me...)...

Will add more as time goes by...
  5. Originally posted by haytrainI wonder who is gonna say "The Bible" first?

Personally, I used to read a lot more than I do now. That being said, I really enjoyed the Lord of the Rings trilogy. (never got into "The Hobbit") Also really loved "Cry, the Beloved Country" by Alan Paton.

Found u2start.com, didn't ya?

You haven't read Hobbit? It's great! Also funny
  6. Originally posted by WojBhoyNando Parrado's "Miracle In The Andes" (amazing read), U2 by U2 obviously , all of the Harry Potter books (for my sins - one read of each was enough for me...)...

Will add more as time goes by...

The last book is the best. I wanted Harry to die...no, just kidding, nobody wanted to
  7. mmmm
    well I really LOVE reading!!
    haha!

there's a lot of books I love.... but some are:

El Tunel, by Ernesto Sabato ( very very very amazing book, the author is a very well known Argentinian philosopher, I'm quite sure it has been translated to english, so go and get it!!)
    LOTR: Hobbit, trilogy, Silmarillion. by Tolkien
    Sophie's World (really great book, highly recommended) Jostein Gaarder
    U2 At the end of the World by Bill Flanagan
    U2 by U2
    the Little Prince by Antoine Saint Exupery
    Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach
    Illusions by Richard Bach
    A great deal of John Grisham's books...
    Oscar Wilde
    favorite poet: ANDRES ELOY BLANCO (he is from the early 1900's venezuelan politician, wirter, poet, he had to live in exile persecuted by dictatorship ruling Venezuela at his time... HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended, he's one of the most well known poets of Venezuela)
    Alexandros I, II, III: a novel trilogy about Alexander The Great's life... amazing narrative!! by Valerio Massimo Manfredi.

Oh!! I could go on for ever....
    I'll leave it here... hehe!
    I'll continue some other day!!

8. Books: The Hours, On the Road, The Great Gatsby, Pride and Prejudice, The Daily Show Presents America the Book, U2 At the End of the World, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the list goes on...

Authors: Jonathan Swift, Oscar Wilde, Jane Austen, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Stephen King, Michael Cunningham, Walt Whitman, Allen Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac, the list goes on...

Great topic for us English majors.
  9. I am currently reading 'The Sullivan-Clinton Campaign in 1779: Chronology and Selected Documents.' It is always great to read the journals, diaries, and letters of the people who were there rather than some other persons interpretation of the events. This book is great because it contains journals and letters from both the british and american colonial side of the campaign.
  10. I just finished Fahrenheit 451, and I'm reading Brave New World Now. My favorite book is probably 1984.

Does that say something about me?

At least I can now spell Fahrenheit!
  11. I, as Jeremy stated, don't read as much as I used to. But, I have read some decent books lately.

The Bible
    An Inconvenient Truth (Amazing read. Take a look if you haven't already)
    U2 by U2
    U2 At the end of the world
    Beyond Hell and Back
    Lord of The Rings trilogy

and a lot more lol....
  12. Hmmm...let's see:

All Clive Cussler Thrillers
    All Jack Higgins Books
    The Bible
    A lot of WWII stuff
    And some Larry Bond novels..