1. is currently my favorite U2 record. I generally don't agree with people who claim this as the album that the band peaked on, but I've been on a big U2 break lately, and listening to this just sounds new. I'm just going to reiterate what everyone knows for my own well being, this is U2 daring to find out if the world is flat and not caring they fall off, or in Bono's terms being "gone", and I love it. I love ATYCLB and HTDAAB they are solid music albums portraying a band making beautiful, visceral, and straightforward, yet innovative music. Pop however is just full steam ahead in your face avante-garde boundary pushing daring music. even on the slower numbers. bono's voice sounds like he's been smoking his entire life and he sounds great, this is just such a great time in their career, and I hope that U2 has reached for some more daring boundaries on their new record.

I feel that the music of the past two albums was necessary for the band, to sort of remind themselves of what U2 is, but it is not in their nature to just be a rock and roll band that plugs in and plays hard. I believe that after the Vertigo tour they really got a hunger to find something new that no one has heard before. I believe we heard this on Pop, and I believe we will hear this on the new album

just a thought though
  2. Pop is so much a great album starting from the ideas of the songs the lyrics the music ( for those who say that the music on this album is not complete , i think the only incomplete song is please) even the way the songs is arranged
    i think POP is like a finale to a very inspiring & most innoviative period in U2 life
  3. Originally posted by kisho8 for those who say that the music on this album is not complete

I love Pop. Seriously, one of my favorite albums. But I think IGWSHA is the most unfinished song. Could have been so much better....
  4. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

I love Pop. Seriously, one of my favorite albums. But I think IGWSHA is the most unfinished song. Could have been so much better....

maybe that is right but i wanna hear from people who dont think the album is great or who dont like it their point of view
  5. Originally posted by kisho8[..]

maybe that is right but i wanna hear from people who dont think the album is great or who dont like it their point of view

Yeah, it should be interesting. Although most people here on this website are gonna like it.
  6. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

Yeah, it should be interesting. Although most people here on this website are gonna like it.

i think so , anyway its a U2 fan site ,right?
    but hearing their opinion of songs and the so called unfinished music will be interesting
  7. Levitate and Big Girls Are Best are probably the closest examples of 'finished' work - and both very good. I couldn't imagine a finished Pop.
  8. Originally posted by drewhigginsI couldn't imagine a finished Pop.

I tried and make aplaylist on my iPod of the songs of Pop in the same exact order of songs but the songs where taken from singles and the best of ( those mixes were maybe their try to convince people of POP) But it didnt appeal to me and i went back to listen to the original ones bec they are GREAT
  9. Originally posted by drewhigginsLevitate and Big Girls Are Best are probably the closest examples of 'finished' work - and both very good. I couldn't imagine a finished Pop.

At least we got a sample of some of the new mixes on 1990-2000, right?
  10. i think it's a great album, i don't define it as an electronic album like everyone do.
    sure there are electronic elements here and there which is not a bad think.
    there are great tracks on this album my fav are "do u feel loved" and "if good will send his angels".
    "if u wear that velvet dress" and " wake up dead man" are surprising good songs for me.
    they remind me a bit of dark jazz songs.
    overall it's a great album, not to mention the great tour that came after it!
  11. IMO although there are some great songs on "Pop" I always saw it as another awkward U2 album kind of like "Rattle and Hum". What I do like about it is that it kinda forced the guys to go back and re-evaluate themselves and their music. Because of that we were delivered "ATYCLB" which was amazing. The same thing happened after "Rattle and Hum". As much as I love 'em something tells me this next album might be a dud.
  12. Originally posted by bcgdAs much as I love 'em something tells me this next album might be a dud.