1. didn't they even mentioned that the album started as a party and ended as a funeral? (and I mean the album, not the recording process -which some may find appropiate-)
  2. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    What about Wake Up Dead Man?

Seriously, though, as a sort of modern-day lament song (I think of Psalm 44:23-26) it would be appropriate for a funeral - as a cry for Jesus to complete his victory over death, for the resurrection of the body, and for this "fucked up world" to be fully renewed.
    Not suitable if you're not a believer though.
  3. Originally posted by Bloodraven:didn't they even mentioned that the album started as a party and ended as a funeral? (and I mean the album, not the recording process -which some may find appropiate-)
    They did! In U2 By U2 I think.
  4. I'm REALLY on a Pop kick this week. Listened to the album a couple of times as well as the PopHeart EP and I made an alternate Pop playlist on my iTunes. Watching PopMart now. Even Better Than The Real Thing from this tour slays. I love the guitar and the "child...child...child..." at the end.
  5. Also just downloaded this:

6. Originally posted by kris_smith87:I'm REALLY on a Pop kick this week. Listened to the album a couple of times as well as the PopHeart EP and I made an alternate Pop playlist on my iTunes. Watching PopMart now. Even Better Than The Real Thing from this tour slays. I love the guitar and the "child...child...child..." at the end.
    Well it's a good thing you're on a Pop frenzy, because we now have a matrix for the Popmart San Diego show. The sound is very good (see the video above) and there is definitely good stuff there.
    Thanks to Sharebear/hoserama for his matrix and allowing us to put it here!
  7. True. Sorry, I should have prefaced my post more sensitively in that way. I am a Christian so that's what makes those kinds of themes on the song (and the whole Pop album) stand out to me. Didn't mean to sound exclusive, though.
  8. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    True. Sorry, I should have prefaced my post more sensitively in that way. I am a Christian so that's what makes those kinds of themes on the song (and the whole Pop album) stand out to me. Didn't mean to sound exclusive, though.
    Nah, no worries. It's just that my point of view is completely different
  9. Fair enough! One of the reasons I love U2 is their ability to connect with people across a wide spectrum of belief and non-belief. In fact, I admire Bono for his willingness to express questions that many people he knew were asking about God even if he himself wasn't always doing the asking, as he says of Wake Up Dead Man in particular and Pop in general!

Now I'm about to go listen to the whole album all the way through again...