1. Happy to see I am not the only who still buys CD's and Vinyls.
  2. I only buy CDs. I don't have anything to play vinyls on and digital is...meh. Of course, I do digitise the CDs for lossless playback but I'd rather do that than buy a digital copy to begin with.
  3. Originally posted by iTim:I only buy CDs. I don't have anything to play vinyls on and digital is...meh. Of course, I do digitise the CDs for lossless playback but I'd rather do that than buy a digital copy to begin with.
    Same.

CDs sound way better than vinyl anyway.
  4. Got 3 cd albums in the post today.

1. Green Day - Revolution Radio
    2. Kaiser Chiefs - Stay Together (SIgned copy)
    3. White Lies - Friends (signed copy)

And the new Placebo Compilation on it's way..
  5. I still buy both. I like the purity of vinyl. The only vinyl that the sound is off on for me are releases that weren't originally made on vinyl but are now being issued because of the "in" factor. To each his own. The masters are the same. Maybe it's from 30 years of concert going, but I can't tell the difference in sound from an LP or a CD digitized made from the same analog master the LP originally was... Unless you take out the crackles and pops that make vinyl magic...

Latest CD I bought is Mystery Jets - Curve of the Earth and the latest LP is an oldie... Marillion - Clutching At Straws.
  6. Originally posted by iTim:Picked up two compilation albums today. 5 essential Miles Davis albums on one ('Round About Midnight, Miles Ahead, Porgy and Bess, Kind of Blue, and Sketches of Spain) and 6 essential John Coltrane albums on the other (Blue Train, Giant Steps, Soultrane, Ole Coltrane, My Favourite Things, and Africa/Brass).

11 albums

Kind of Blue and My Favorite Things should be required listening for a better society.

(Snoopy happy dance right now...)

P.S.- Wanna talk about 2 records that were made for vinyl. Oh boy, oh boy...
  7. In the post last 2 weeks

Pixies - Head Carrier
    Springsteen - Chapter & verse (+ vinyl !!)
    Both official releases of the Dublin Springsteen shows from last May
  8. Just purchased Green Day - Revolution Radio on vinyl
  9. Two SRV albums - The Sky Is Crying and Family Step, plus a Christy Moore greatest hits collection from an op shop. Totally worth it.

Albums not bought from an op shop: Meat Loaf's Braver Than We Are and Steel Panther: Live From Lexxi's Mom's Garage (CD + DVD).

Most recent ones: Green Day - Nimrod and Muse - Black Holes And Revelations

That's by far my favourite Muse album, followed by Absolution. Map Of The Problematique is pure perfection.