1. Where have you been hiding, Dan?
  2. ha! hey Sergio - i know i've been quiet recently, moving around and looking for work post-uni etc so i've not had the time to check in! i'm about settled now so i should have more time to hang around here with all you swell people again.

also, since this is the Killers thread, just putting this out there 'coz it still seems surreal: i wrote a piece a couple of months back on the Sam's Town's 10th anniversary for one of the blogs i write for (http://www.gigsoupmusic.com/features/unforgotten/unforgotten-killers-sams-town-2006/) and the band ended up sharing it on their Twitter/Facebook! i was properly buzzing when i saw they had (obviously) and it ended up crashing the site with traffic hahaha.
  3. Nice! Did you find a job? Nice to have you back (or sort of, at least!)

Hahahaha that's SICK man, totally amazed Congrats on that!!!
  4. yep, finally (thank god!). especially with the JT30 celebrations going on SOE i'll be back on board here for sure, don't you worry

and yeah, i know - mental isn't it? officially my proudest writing moment so far!

to keep this thread on topic (sorry team!); anyone heard this? it was apparently written and recorded by the band for their new album, but Stuart Price showed it to Robbie who loved it and begged the band to give it to him for his recent The Heavy Entertainment Show record.

the backing track is the same i think (they just wiped Brandon's voice) so it's literally Robbie Williams fronting The Killers. pretty cool track. i can totally imagine the Brandon nailing this, it's very Runaways.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:I love Alex' periodic rants against Brandon's lyrics

(can't disagree except on Dustland Fairytale, which indeed has a lot of valid metaphors and intricate word play).

6. Brandon's voice is amazing, so I'll forgive most of the lyrical randomness in Day and Age.
  7. Good news for me since that means I'll be able to attend their show in Bilbao (if it was the 8th of July it would have clashed with Sting's gig)!

PS. Tears For Fears and Elbow as supporters, wow
  8. Got tickets to the Hyde Park show! it's the day before my Twickenham JT show as well, best weekend of the year (and potentially decade) so far!
  9. Originally posted by wangmaster:Got tickets to the Hyde Park show! it's the day before my Twickenham JT show as well, best weekend of the year (and potentially decade) so far!
    U2 and TK the same weekend... Wow mate, wow. So glad for you
  10. Cheers buddy! More than makes up for missing out on Glasto tickets... Between those and Elbow, White Lies and Noel at Twickenham I've basically got my own curated festival sorted hahaha
  11. Sometimes I fool myself and think "well, they're not that good, stop making plans to spend hundreds in seeing them again", but fuck, then my random playlist brings up For Reasons Unknown (live from Albert Hall) and I realize how great they are. I hope to see them again this summer, be it in London or in Bilbao Crossing fingers!!