1. It feels like a last album in a lot of places. I hope they do one more though, in the next 2-3 years, hopefully. Then they could call it quits but it'd be a shame for their RETURN album to also be FAREWELL...
  2. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:It feels like a last album in a lot of places. I hope they do one more though, in the next 2-3 years, hopefully. Then they could call it quits but it'd be a shame for their RETURN album to also be FAREWELL...
    I'm afraid the final song is actualy their final song.
  3. Not heard anything save the singles yet but think it's all feeling a bit strange with Mark and Dave both taking hiatuses from touring - saw them at Hyde Park and they were amazing but there was something nagging me at the back of my mind. The newer songs feel a bit... lazy's the wrong word, but getting a back-up guitarist to basically do everything and leave Dave to just do the odd chord just comes across as odd. Does feel like they're on the final stretch, especially given El Flowers' solo ventures (Desired Effect is an incredible album IMO), maybe the end really is nigh.

If so, it's been a great ride.
  4. The album is pretty weak no big stand out tracks it's like they had leftovers from the last one and cobbled it together on some PC music software from the 90s ,sounds like they are completely disinterested and Flowers is more concerned with being a solo artist than The Killer's .It's always a problem when your debut album is a worldwide smash and certifiable classic because sadly everything else you do will be compared to it .It took U2 5 albums to achieve global domination but they were well aware they had to change musical direction on Achtung baby otherwise they wouldn't have lasted in the 90s as Simple Minds will testify to ,dropped from record labels album and single sales bombing and becoming a theater band after being one of the biggest bands of the 80s .
  5. Wonderful Wonderful is hell of the track, rest is rather a filler still better than Battle Born
  6. That's the only song I like too.
  7. Life To Come is good.

The start of Money On Straight sounds like a song I’ve heard before.
  8. I like Run For Cover the most. Quick singing and lots of guitar, that's my kind of thing.
  9. Totally agree. Love the energy and pace of this one.

In general, it's hard to disagree with what everyone is saying about this album, that there is clearly a sense of finality here and a bit of the internal fractures showing their effects. In a way it almost feels like an alternative path of what Achtung Baby could have been if U2 had not resolved their fractures the way they did.
  10. Having Achtung Baby and Wonderful Wonderful in the same sentence makes my brain bleed