1. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    They always release on vinyl. They key is to buy it when it first comes out at a reasonable price (get it through pre-sale if you can) before the hawkers grab them all up and charge you ATYCLB prices.

I had a copy of ATYCLB on hold at my Local Record Store at release, told a "friend" of mine about it, and he went to the store, gave my name, bought it, and had the audacity to show it to me.........it's the only album I don't have on vinyl.....I've never heard the sweet sound of Grace coming through those speakers.....

2. [ Dublin Dandelion market car park gig circa 1979 ]
    IMO !!! Pop album is a brilliant masterpiece !!!!
    U2 came along way from playing pubs in Ireland to becoming the biggest and greatest rock' n roll band in the world !
  3. 20 years ago today, my fav album from my fav band was released.
  4. Happy Birthday Pop!!
  5. Happy birthday, Pop!

Now let's see if the band makes a peep about it...

6. Today marks the 20th anniversary of U2's 9th studio album "Pop". It came out on March 3rd 1997. This album was made to make fun of current pop trend that time, which it still can be implied for today's music, which once again proves that U2 is always ahead of their time. It may be a "Pop" album, pun not intended, but this album has lyrical revelence. From what I gather from these songs is that the themes of most of the songs is a struggling religious person, questioning faith. The themes really hits home, since I relate to that alot. Like most of their albums 95% of the album are pure masterpieces but this is a 85% and it's understandable. It was rushed, their manager went on and booked their Pop tour before the album was finished. When these songs were later released as singles, they were completed and sounded better. But I loved the album versions, for an example. Please is one of the struggling religious man themed songs, the studio version is raw at its purist, you can hear the emotion in Bono's singing, the single version is more polished, not as loud but it appealed more to the commercial audience and casual U2 fans. To really enjoy it,  you have to be a die hard to understand their journey as a band on how they evolve every album, buts that another topic. What I'm trying to say is that this album received mixed ratings, mostly cause they didn't understand the songs or the album theme, which some fans are starting to see what the albums was telling us. It's a dark, gritty Christian album that's not preachy. The first 3 songs on the album are phenomenal, it opens up with "Discotheque", a rock/dance/pop hybrid that symbolizes a man who partying it up, then seques into "Do You Feel Loved?" It's about a man who thinks about if he's loved, ranging from people to a God and the 3rd song is about his/Bono's mother who died when he was 14. The lyric "Mother? Am I still your son" symbolizing that with all the fame and money,  is he still the boy his mom knew. Those are just the first 3 songs. It gets deeper. If you are a music lover and appreciate the lyrical aspects of songs, then you may want to check U2 Pop out. I give this album 8.5/10
  7. Pop just gets better with age.
  8. Did the whole album on the way to work... brilliant, just amazing. I recks we should all listen tonight.