1. Hmmm, might be an idea to spam U2 with this thread every month?

2. you should leaving this on their instagram and twiiter feeds!
  3. Haha. Damn I love when U2 fans ask Bono the real questions. At least he said SOMETHING about it. Even just to hear a member of the band acknowledge the album's existence is something haha.

Discotheque isn't high on the list of songs I'm yearning to hear from the album though. I'd rather hear Mofo, Last Night on Earth, Please, Do You Feel Loved, Staring at the Sun (full band) - not in that order.
  4. I think he also added, "But not for awhile."
  5. Pop 25th anniversary tour in 2022 confirmed.

Hey, Bono's voice at that age should be pretty much like how it was on the Popmart tour
  6. In many ways, Pop was the first big disappointment of U2’s career

(next sentence should read)

...And the band has never seemed to let this memory slip, becoming hypercritical ond overly cautious ever since. A turning point from their previous ambitiousness and drive...
  7. Pop is just über ironic: the best song was on the b-side of Discothèque...

If was fun...seriously...and then came Beautiful Day

8. Wow - I strongly recommend people read this article - it really crystalizes the effect POP had and still has on the band.

Right now the 20 year old POP is in the EXACT middle of their 40 year career - from 1977-1997 they released 10 albums (if you count Rattle and Hum and Passengers...which I do)...in the 20 years after POP they have released four albums. And pretty much each one came with a public identity crisis issued from the band.

If only they knew that this album that still seems to haunt them is as loved as it is...I wish they just re-embrace this album and exorcise this 20 year old demon of theirs...exorcise this overly cautious, safe, nail biting psyche the band has been lugging around after 97, and bring back the experimental, brave, and confident 4 lads we knew once upon a time...