1. Originally posted by dieder:[..]
    There were rumours of Mofo being rehearsed during 360. I think Mofo/Discotheque/Please/Gone could be played, with the first 2 song in a different arrangement than we know
    Were those actually legit? Or did we determine that was just someone pulling our leg?
  2. You mean to release the 1996 version of Pop? That would be awesome. I don't agree with the re-recording or the "it was unfinished". If anything, Pop started the period of overthinking and over producing albums. The cool version of Playboy Mansion from the leaked Hong Kong mixes in 1996 sounded awesome, and by the time they recorded the song it lost a lot.
    If they don't want to play those songs live again, at least release something for its 20th anniversary damn it,they re-re-release JT again this year.
  3. Originally posted by dieder:[..]
    There were rumours of Mofo being rehearsed during 360. I think Mofo/Discotheque/Please/Gone could be played, with the first 2 song in a different arrangement than we know
    That was for the Vertigo tour, there's a video circulating around, but they chickened out.
  4. im just kinda glad someone asked about pop

5. I think someone overheard them rehearsing it but not a lot of people did confirm.
    I also vaguely remember reading on twitter that somebody asked Bono about it and he said 'It's coming'. So, not clear at all.
  6. Didn't they play Discotheque a couple of times on the Vertigo tour?
  7. Call it a day
    I think Pop was just a weird parenthesis of their carrier
    It doesn't fit nowadays
    I just save ( would ) Please - Gone - Wake up dead Man.....the most " rock" songs from a "experimental electrosynth" album
  8. I know I am reporting this 20 years late, but I don't think Mofo worked that well live, better on record. Live I though it lumpy and leaden....but I would still be happy to hear any Pop !
  9. But when it was meltin into I Will follow....the Concert began on high levels