1. This is ace. He had a great voice actually and moves and looks like 1983 Bono.
  2. I never get why there is so much love for this release,i mean yeah its a good album but no way is this U2's best work.It seems so many of you guys on here are practically foaming at the mouth for Pop on the new tours,If God Will is a beautiful song,Please and Gone wow the elevation tour version was incredible.
    However Discotheque wasnt good,Last Night,Miami,Velvet Dress are average,Playboy mmmm.
    Not my favourite tour either,and yes im a U2000 fan but have been a fan since 92.
  3. Originally posted by kezman:I never get why there is so much love for this release,i mean yeah its a good album but no way is this U2's best work.It seems so many of you guys on here are practically foaming at the mouth for Pop on the new tours,If God Will is a beautiful song,Please and Gone wow the elevation tour version was incredible.
    However Discotheque wasnt good,Last Night,Miami,Velvet Dress are average,Playboy mmmm.
    Not my favourite tour either,and yes im a U2000 fan but have been a fan since 92.
    for me last night on earth is one of their best and deeply missed since ... 20 years. so everyone has an other view on things, there are people who like beautifull day.
  4. Originally posted by Toxic:[..]
    for me last night on earth is one of their best and deeply missed since ... 20 years. so everyone has an other view on things, there are people who like beautifull day.
    Yup! I like Beautiful Day big time
    Incredible crafted and joyfull song. But Pop, to me, always felt like a necessary bridge between AB and ATYCLB.

I think the A-side of Pop is great, but the B-side not so much. And I only started to appriciate Wake Up Dead Man during
    the Elevation Tour (one of the best tours ever...in my opinion).

Pop does have top class artwork though
  5. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Incredible crafted and joyfull song. But Pop, to me, always felt like a necessary bridge between AB and ATYCLB.

I think the A-side of Pop is great, but the B-side not so much. And I only started to appriciate Wake Up Dead Man during

I agree with all of this,esp the part about Pop bridging AB and ATYCLB.
    For me Popmart seem to be lost on so many fans that when they stripped back for Elevation it only added to the huge success of it all.
    Popmart a good tour,Elevation an incredible tour.
  6. To me only comparable tour to Popmart was Zoo TV. Elevation tour was great, but not as great as those two mentioned above.
    Pop is my favourite album and ATYCLB was dissapointing to me (maybe more for losing balls than musically). Beautiful Day is not bad but not among best songs.
    Just my opinion
  7. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]

to me pop is the best rock album they ever did ... I hate beautiful day ... it does not fit to me to anything this band has done before or after (in my point of view). But I am o.k. with it you can't always get the grapes out of the pudding. I am still very sad about the thing that a lot of people never understood the beauti of pop ... but that is also alright to me ... more for me
  8. As an "oldtime fan" when i first listened to Pop it just Left me...
    But....it must be taken track by track.to taste pièce by pièce.and you love it.
    Yes.it can't be compared to Achtung or else
    But.why compare?
    Do not compare.Pop has Got many powerful track : Gone.Please.Wake up.
    Some "minor" tracks : Miami.Playboy.but it's just opinion....and everybody has Got it's own.right.
    Everybody agrees on the fact that it's not their best
    It's their best on the "look"and artwork
    PopMart has been a Great moment For them.i Got good memories.
    Imo.cheers