1. This is the Banshee- a talkbox effect

2. Noooooo. That shimmer is just the budget-wise version. The ones he uses come from the eventide harmonizer rack units, the same types of ones he's used since the UF period. You can get a way closer shimmer tone to his (in pedal form) now with the "space" eventide stompbox. Way more expensive, but if you listen to demos it sounds that much better. Check it out.
  3. Eek, can't really dip into the Eventide brand unfortunately. Same with Strymonn. I absolutely wish my board was made out of mostly those two brands of pedals (the ET Timeline is amazing as well), but I just don't have the money or the serious need.

Had to give up on those eBay auctions too, as DMB released tour dates and I realized that was more important to me. Too bad. Might not even have the band this summer anyway so no use in picking up pedals for cover songs.
  4. Here's something a bit off topic but... have a look.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/U2-FENDER-STRATOCASTER-OWNED-AND-SIGNED-BAND-1987-RARE-AND-UNIQUE-/320858281332

1970's Stratocaster that was autographed by all of U2 (1987). Complete with letter from Ellen Darst of Principle Management. (Legit)

Being that it wasn't a cheaper Strat... it's possible that it was owned by Edge. Not sure if he used in in the studio. I don't recall any pics of him with it on stage...

...Anywho... Maybe one of you has a rich uncle with $45K to spare?
  5. Intriguing. What do you think? Will it fetch that much?

How much do you think Dallas spends on new guitars for Edge (ie vintage instruments that are new to his arsenal)?

Random: can private individuals like myself commission Gibson Custom Shop to build new guitars to spec? How much for one of these?

6. Originally posted by AAV711:Intriguing. What do you think? Will it fetch that much?

How much do you think Dallas spends on new guitars for Edge (ie vintage instruments that are new to his arsenal)?

Random: can private individuals like myself commission Gibson Custom Shop to build new guitars to spec? How much for one of these?

\[image\]\[\/url]

Custom shop guitars (Gibson or Fender, or whoever) are pretty damn expensive man. If not for the guitar itself, you're paying for the extra effort and time taken put into the guitar. Plus i'm not sure you can actually order one from Gibson unless you're "somebody", but then again I could be WAY wrong here.

You're probably better off trying to get your hands on the limited edition epiphon that has the same colour. Like the one I'm currently trying to sell....(that I've customed so it looks just like Edge's and I've had 70's T-Top replicas (Edge's uses T-Tops (supposedly) installed into it with those gold pickup rings...)
  7. yeah, individual made customs can end up giving you a pretty high bill. Something with more than 4 zeros I reckon. You're better going for a similar Epiphone as Alex says, or if you really crave for having the Gibson brand on the headstock of the guitar, go search some of the used cream Les Pauls around the usual guitar sites. But I don't think getting it built new for you would be an option.
  8. It's funny because after that story came out where Dallas got the package from Gibson containing the replica of Edge's Les Paul (the one he auctioned) I really thought that it would be put into mass production during the 360 tour. I know it's not Edge's most iconic guitar, but it's one he's probably used more than any other, and Gibson already had the specs down and a version produced. Even on a custom shop level I'm surprised they didn't make like 1000 and sell them at a high price. Weird.
  9. I've found a company that looks pretty cool. They sell a few pedals, but mainly kits with parts and parts... To build pedals on your own. Now I want to buy some shit and build something. They have an English version of their site too, anyone who thinks their stuff looks cool?

http://moodysounds.com/

10. Yeah, but it should also give you some possibilities that a normal wah doesn't give you... like really quick stuff. It should sound a bit original... I think trying new experimental stuff is the way to go to achieve your own sound. I think I'll get this when I'm in town. If I'm good at buildig pedals... I think I'll build a few more