1. Can someone elaborate on Edge’s sequencer use for me, please?

2. I don't think Edge really does it anymore, it's probably triggered by one of the many people who now reside under the stage. Back on the UF tour he'd trigger sequences for Bad (which was just a loop) or the one for Unforgettable Fire (which lasted the entire song, meaning if the band had a timing mistake or something the sequence would be off time). They used them on the JT tour with WOWY and stuff and even moreso on the ZooTV tour, a ton of songs used sequences, but I think it was around this point when Edge stopped triggering them himself. He has enough to worry about these days running around the stage!
  3. I've missed this topic.

I'm thinking I'm gonna sell my Line 6 Spider IV 15 W which I pretty much hate and get a Vox Pathfinder 15R instead. They seem to have quite a good reputation on forums, mainly for great cleans, and sound pretty darn great in some clips I've seen. Feist uses them live too and sounds good, she surely has other options. Yet to try one though, gonna do that next week. And I already know you can do a mod on them where you cut out two LEDs in the circuitry which gives them a much rawer distortion than the fuzzy one those LEDs give. They're analog which speaks to me. I hate the effects on my Spider anyway, they suck. And it has an, although not very strong, real spring reverb built in

And it's Vox... Vox=cool
  4. Do it. The pathfinders are great. You should check out the AC4TV models too, they get good words thrown their way!

5. More expensive too though, and not as good looking (even though they're certainly cool)... I heard they have an earlier break up. That doesn't speak to its advantage. I like cleans a lot too. But I should probably try one.
  6. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:I've missed this topic.

I'm thinking I'm gonna sell my Line 6 Spider IV 15 W which I pretty much hate and get a Vox Pathfinder 15R instead. They seem to have quite a good reputation on forums, mainly for great cleans, and sound pretty darn great in some clips I've seen. Feist uses them live too and sounds good, she surely has other options. Yet to try one though, gonna do that next week. And I already know you can do a mod on them where you cut out two LEDs in the circuitry which gives them a much rawer distortion than the fuzzy one those LEDs give. They're analog which speaks to me. I hate the effects on my Spider anyway, they suck. And it has an, although not very strong, real spring reverb built in

And it's Vox... Vox=cool

Get something bigger and with more punch than 15W. Swapping one 15W for another 15W, whether it has better cleans or not, is not much improvement.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Get something bigger and with more punch than 15W. Swapping one 15W for another 15W, whether it has better cleans or not, is not much improvement.

This is not just about cleans I hate my Spider in general nowadays. Budget is an issue too. If Feist can play with these, so can I am sure. Can always mic it if I want it louder, or use it's line out to a bigger speaker. I've read about a few people gigging with it.

And one thing I do know is that I don't want a digital modelling amp.
  8. I've got the exact same Line 6 and admittedly, it's a good beginner amp, but when you get used to it, you find out that it's actually quite awful.
  9. Originally posted by KieranU2:I've got the exact same Line 6 and admittedly, it's a good beginner amp, but when you get used to it, you find out that it's actually quite awful.

Yeah, it was nice when it was like "Whoooah, me has electric guitar!!!! Me make noise." Now when I've started caring a bit more about tone and stuff, I hate it. There's no life to it. And the metal and insane channels are the most awful things ever. Who the hell wants to sound like a fucking chainsaw really? It's an amp that's nice when you're new to guitar. When you're a bit more into it, fuck no.

When I got it I thought it was cool to be able to press four different buttons and get four different sounds to me murdering the Angel Of Harlem riff.
  10. I'm not saying that Line6 in particular is good. It's just that there are much better options. If your budget is between 150 and 200 bucks, go for a Peavey Vypyr30W, terrific tone and highly customizable.

I'm going to get a Fame T60R next week for 80€, used but in excellent condition. THAT is a decent amp for the buck, read about it or something. I considered the Fander G3DEC (or similar) for 120€ but went for the Fame instead. It sounds sweeeeeet and haaaarsh when you need it.
  11. No Vypyr. I don't want a digital modelling amp I don't need a highly customizable amp. I know what kind of sound I'm looking for in an amp now. A sound I then intend to grow with pedals and kind of develop with it. I'd say digital modelling is good when you don't know what sound you want though.

To me it sounds like a Pathfinder would serve me pretty well until the dream of a Vox AC30 becomes reality.