1. I wanted to sell the black Ibanez when it arrived but it plays great and well, for the money it costs it's pretty much an unbeatable axe (and it looks great).

2. Do you guys use multi-effect pedals or standalone pedals?

I'm in the market for some pedals and I'm not sure whether I should go for a standalone(such as a Memory Man/Boy/Toy) over a multi-effects unit. Of course I know you get more bang for your buck with multi-effects but what are they like sound-wise?
  3. Most of us use both. I'd say multi-effects are fine for fiddling around and have fun at home, recording covers, experiments, but give somewhat of an "artificial" sound (very subtle and certainly debatable)... While standalone pedals are more expensive but also more reliable and more natural sounding, so more suitable for live concerts and professional studio recording.

I personally have a very versatile multieffect unit (Zoom G2.1Nu with looper and very good range of effects) and several pedals (Boss SD-1 for overdrive and PS-2 for delay, Pro Co Rat 2 for distorsions and a Digitech WH-1 whammy).
  4. Ok. Thanks Sergio for the pointers!

5. No problem Paul Nevertheless, as much as I appreciate your compliment, there's FAR more skilled and experienced players out there than me, and surely some of them can chip in and express their thoughts on pedals and multiFX
  6. I was playing This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now on acoustic and thought that it's definitely the harmonically COOLEST U2 song in a long long time. C#m-E to C#-A? How many times have you seen U2 do that? They definitely need to try this one out live. It kicks asses.
  7. I'm going to use both multi-effects and stand alones. For delay, I would use the Line 6 DL4 and for other multi-effects the MM4, which is basically a modulator with phaser, tremolo, flanger, etc.
  8. Got a new guard and knobs installed on the newest member of the family. 1980's Korean made Epiphone Sheraton II - probably started as white, but it's aged into a cream sort of colour and it's damn pretty.
  9. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Got a new guard and knobs installed on the newest member of the family. 1980's Korean made Epiphone Sheraton II - probably started as white, but it's aged into a cream sort of colour and it's damn pretty.
    [image]
    That is a very, very fine looking guitar! Very impressed!
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Got a new guard and knobs installed on the newest member of the family. 1980's Korean made Epiphone Sheraton II - probably started as white, but it's aged into a cream sort of colour and it's damn pretty.
    [image]

Oh man, that's SWEET Congrats. It looks like Edge's cream Les Paul's hollow body somehow! Is that a double humbucker or is there some surprise under that covers?

Have you tried a red tortoise pickguard? I think it would look NEAT over that creamy white. Something like:

(I have a soft spot for tortoise guards, sorry )
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Oh man, that's SWEET Congrats. It looks like Edge's cream Les Paul's hollow body somehow! Is that a double humbucker or is there some surprise under that covers?

Have you tried a red tortoise pickguard? I think it would look NEAT over that creamy white. Something like:

[image]

(I have a soft spot for tortoise guards, sorry )
    Thanks man!

It's two humbuckers, and it actually came with a tortoise guard and I hated it I don't hate them in general, but something about it just looked odd on the guitar and it wasn't gelling with me. It's hard to see in the picture, but the pearl white guard on the cream body is actually really nice.