1. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Thanks man!

It's two humbuckers, and it actually came with a tortoise guard and I hated it I don't hate them in general, but something about it just looked odd on the guitar and it wasn't gelling with me. It's hard to see in the picture, but the pearl white guard on the cream body is actually really nice.
    Alright, the pearl white guard looks amazing too No problem there.

Stock humbuckers?

Wanna hear it
  2. Yeah they're stock. They sort of have that muddier/dark/vintage sort of jazzy tone to them, and at first my plan was to change them out but I actually kind of love them. Who knows, maybe down the line.

And perhaps I'll upload a short demo at some point!
  3. Please do Dying to hear it. Also dying to hear something new from your band, I really loved those songs you posted some time ago at the Songs You've Written topic.
  4. Unfortunately the band has been disbanded. For some time now actually. But I am in the middle of a recording project that I'm working on solo that's sort of my "last gas" into doing it for a living. It's basically almost been a year since the band broke up and I started writing on my own and I'm only just about to release 3 songs. I have some more written, but yeah it's been a long haul. I'll definitely post em' here when it's all ready to go though. Everywhere possible! Would love to get some help in sharing it from the U2Start community. I consider everyone here a friend and might try to lean on that a little
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Got a new guard and knobs installed on the newest member of the family. 1980's Korean made Epiphone Sheraton II - probably started as white, but it's aged into a cream sort of colour and it's damn pretty.
    [image]

Ahaw damn, that's the shiz. Great choice.

I swapped out the p/ups in my LP the other day. It's aging most wonderfully now, the Alpine White finish is going nice and creamy (although I took the pickguard off the other day to see how it looked, like a Siberian winter.

Both the Exp and the LP now fitted with GFS Crunchy Pats, sounds most good. Rather dramatic when using the eBow though, extra output adds some craziness to the sound. Good old magnetism.
  6. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Unfortunately the band has been disbanded. For some time now actually. But I am in the middle of a recording project that I'm working on solo that's sort of my "last gas" into doing it for a living. It's basically almost been a year since the band broke up and I started writing on my own and I'm only just about to release 3 songs. I have some more written, but yeah it's been a long haul. I'll definitely post em' here when it's all ready to go though. Everywhere possible! Would love to get some help in sharing it from the U2Start community. I consider everyone here a friend and might try to lean on that a little
    Look forward to it, sir! Always love hearing your stuff.
  7. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]

Ahaw damn, that's the shiz. Great choice.

I swapped out the p/ups in my LP the other day. It's aging most wonderfully now, the Alpine White finish is going nice and creamy (although I took the pickguard off the other day to see how it looked, like a Siberian winter.

[image]

Both the Exp and the LP now fitted with GFS Crunchy Pats, sounds most good. Rather dramatic when using the eBow though, extra output adds some craziness to the sound. Good old magnetism.
    Oh my God.... That is a beautiful Les Paul! Having a cream finish Les Paul is definitely a dream of mine.
  8. Same here!

@Alex it's a bummer to learn your band disbanded some time ago, so sorry to hear that. I hope it's for the better though. Also good to see you're still writing. Never let that music hunger vanish!
  9. Oh, and count on us to help promoting your stuff, take it for granted-
  10. Im not usually a sticker boy but I found this little thing Kirsten had sent me years ago and couldnt resist.

11. I thank y'all!

After nearly 10 years, finally got 'round to giving my venerable old first guitar a revamp, so yes, I now have a Superstrat:

I had been contemplating buying a new one but whacking in some new Wilkinson single coils (talk about bang for one's buck..), new scratchplate, and new trem arm/bridge, it's gone straight to #1 in my arsenal (yep, ahead of the Explorer and the Les Paul). A quick clean-up to the neck and some Ernie Ball 10s stuck on for good measure (I've moved away from Roto-Blues), and it feels like a much more expensive piece of kit. Bearing in mind this was a starter guitar, it's been transformed for less than £100 (inc. costs to get a local tech to fit the stuff as I don't have any means to do the changes myself at the moment - damned urban living...), and I'm bloody loving it.

In short: UPGRADES ARE FUN.