1. Wow, that's awesome to see Edge get a signature guitar. I've been thinking of getting the Johnny Marr signature Jaguar for a while now, I'll probably still go with that as my next (and first "good") guitar. I feel like Johnny's has more over an average Jaguar than Edge's compared to an average strat. If Edge's was like $500 cheaper things might have been different, but for the same price it's hard to get excited over a stratocaster.
  2. Edge's strat is EXCELLENT according to those who have got it already. Warmer, fulller tone than a standard Strat.

Off topic, or at least "off U2 topic"... This is just plain painful:

The Martin Museum loaned The Hateful Eight a 145-year old six string guitar, which Kurt Russel accidentally smashed on screen thinking it was a prop. Jennifer Jason-Leigh knew it was the hero guitar, but Kurt did not, and he felt terrible when he found out. She said she was waiting for Quentin Tarantino to yell cut but he didn't, and he told her that he wanted the scene to play out in one take; he just couldn't bring himself to cut. She mourned the guitar since she had learned to play on it and wanted to buy it after the shoot; it was an 1850's-ish guitar worth $40,000.

"“We were informed that it was an accident on set,” Martin says. “**We assumed that a scaffolding or something fell on it.*** We understand that things happen, but at the same time we can’t take this lightly. All this about the guitar being smashed being written into the script and that somebody just didn’t tell the actor, this is all new information to us. We didn’t know anything about the script or Kurt Russell not being told that it was a priceless, irreplaceable artifact from the Martin Museum*.”"

3. This is more of a little thing to Sergio, but I had no idea Epiphone makes a signature model for an artist of a not-so-great band that's based on the Gibson Artisan Les paul:

Might be my next gear purchase, you know how much I've always loved that guitar!
  4. Aww aww awwwww I want it NOW.

How can you remember my granfather has an Artisan? Incredible
  5. My dream guitar. Manson MA-1 EVO-S

6. I'm still hoping to add this one some day to my collection. I mostly stick with Fenders.
  7. I know!

And I honestly can't say, because in life I have a terrible memory But something about your grandfather's guitar had a lasting effect on me...it's just such a beautiful and inspiring instrument and I've always wanted one ever since I saw the one you posted here!
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I know!

And I honestly can't say, because in life I have a terrible memory But something about your grandfather's guitar had a lasting effect on me...it's just such a beautiful and inspiring instrument and I've always wanted one ever since I saw the one you posted here!
    You rock dude

The GAS is powerful in me right now after seeing that Epi. I'm currently saving for another guitar purchase and this beauty now has preference over my beloved Fender Telecaster JA-90. Ahhh decissions
  9. Anyone got experience with the boss gt-8? I'm struggling with the whammy/pedal bend intro and chorusses bits in even better than the real thing (360). I can only put one string 2 octaves up. The guitar player in the youtube video does the whole power chord.. anyone got an idea on how to get it right?
  10. To bet or not to bet - that is the question

7 hours to end and no bids (currently at £200)...
  11. She's a beaut, no doubt about it!
  12. It finally went with a lonely £201 bid......... not mine I had second thoughts about it after looking at the bills over the desk and taking a glance at the bank account wasn't encouraging Someday though...