1. Yes, I will change the tuners and probably the bridge too. I don't use the Bigsby either so chances are I'll lock it as well.
  2. I just pulled the trigger on another 12-string acoustic.

I feel totally like this.

3. I know what you mean. I've been ordering singles lately and I can't stop.
  4. GAS is strong and I'm about to pull the trigger on yet another hollowbody.

Ibanez Artcore AF75D in Torino Red... For just 200 bucks

5. Okay, I need some help.

I ordered an EHX Small Clone and it came today. When I plug in the output jack and turn it on, it creates tons of noise. What could be causing it? I'm running it by itself, and I've tried both a power supply and a battery.
  6. Originally posted by thefly108:Okay, I need some help.

I ordered an EHX Small Clone and it came today. When I plug in the output jack and turn it on, it creates tons of noise. What could be causing it? I'm running it by itself, and I've tried both a power supply and a battery.
    What sort of noise?
  7. It was sort of a white-noise type of sound but it fluctuated a lot. I opened up the pedal and there was rust all over the interior. I used vinegar to clean it out and it's a lot better.
  8. Originally posted by thefly108:[..]
    It was sort of a white-noise type of sound but it fluctuated a lot. I opened up the pedal and there was rust all over the interior. I used vinegar to clean it out and it's a lot better.
    New Dallas Schoo?
  9. Originally posted by thefly108:[..]
    It was sort of a white-noise type of sound but it fluctuated a lot. I opened up the pedal and there was rust all over the interior. I used vinegar to clean it out and it's a lot better.
    Also could be issues with cables, but good that cleaning it helped quite a bit.
  10. Yeah, I checked the insides and the solder joints all look old too. It's in need of some repair, which I'll get around too eventually. It definitely was not worth the $60 I paid, since a new one is only $20 more.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I use 10s too on both acoustics and electrics (leave the 12-string aside of course), but... on DADDAD tuning, isn't this DADDAD string (the corresponding to a G in standard EBGDAE) too loose and low-tension? It's 5 (!) semitones below where it's supposed to be. One or two semitones is alright and the tension doesn't change much, but I try to avoid everything below a full tone. If you haven't noticed anything wrong then it's probably fine lol

(we should actually move this to the U2 & Guitar Gear: Q & A thread ).

I have acceded to thy request! Ah, I see what you mean (you wrote the tuning out backwards in my head so didn't quite follow for a moment haha - I'm a bottom-up kind of chap) - it's not too bad all things considered. The G string can be sensitive but only a little bit more than usual - my acoustic is fairly beaten up and rough'n'ready in any case so string tension is the problems I overcome. Basically, there are plenty of things wrong, but they cancel each other out to make it a pleasant enough strum of an evening!

I really need to upgrade it though...