1. Cheers sir!
    Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    We talked about it and your scrapped idea of a Partscaster... but we hadn't seen it. Awwwww (almost) all blackie, how sexy you are ♥ Not planning on putting black pots too?

Haha, oh so sexaaay. But yeah, I quite like the white detailing offsetting the black, so it's sort of a halfway between t'Edge and Mr Gilmour. The 3 x Warman Texas Triples are surprisingly decent, as good as the Wilkinson's I stuck in my other (not quite a) Strat, so I recommend as a decent economic alternative to y'all.
  2. Ha, I knew you'd mention Gilmour Well it's definitely a beauty as it is, and glad to hear about the Texas pups, always nice to have alternatives! Enjoy your axe Harry!
  3. Not bad. Not bad at all.

4. Was just browsing on eBay for Telecaster deals - my friend just said 'why are you looking at guitars, haven't you got enough?'.

Oh, naivety, thy name is wrought in blood.
  5. Originally posted by WojBhoy:Was just browsing on eBay for Telecaster deals - my friend just said 'why are you looking at guitars, haven't you got enough?'.

Oh, naivety, thy name is wrought in blood.
    My girl rolled her eyes in disbelief when we picked up the "mysterious" cardbox that contained the Tele at the post office. She just said "cmon, ANOTHER one???"
  6. So, if anyone has an opinion, what's more a must-have: A Rat or a Big Muff? I'm considering picking one of the two.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    My girl rolled her eyes in disbelief when we picked up the "mysterious" cardbox that contained the Tele at the post office. She just said "cmon, ANOTHER one???"

these things have to be done..

I think it depends on what sounds you're going for. I'd say the Rat (or something like a Boss DS-1) probably has a bit more versatility as a fairly general distortion sound - although I've never played a Rat, just going on YouTube reviews.

I have a Big Muff Pi and it's great but I don't use it much as it doesn't really fit into my general playing style at the moment - I just whip it out now and then if I'm feeling like thrashing out some filthy fuzzness.
  8. Sergio, what the hell model of Squier tele is that?!
  9. "Telecaster Vintage Modified SSH", that's its name. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/squier-vintage-modified-telecaster-ssh-electric-guitar You can only imagine the versatility that the 3 pickups (and a humbucker in the neck position, none the less!) give to it... I have it tuned to DADGAD right now and it's blowing my head away.

I had never seen it until last week when I saw a second hand one surfacing for less than 150 bucks. I just COULD NOT resist.
  10. Yeah that's SUPER cool.

Especially that finish.
  11. It was boring black and white but the original owner sanded it and re-painted it in this gorgeous walnut wooden tone. It's mindblowing!